March 28, 2021 at 8:19 am #229671
This is my bucket list:
- Go on bus fortnightly into town and meet with bestie
- Attend part-time higher English course/September 2021-2022
- Go to the Chinese supermarket
- Go to aqua-fit with a good friend
- Go to Waitrose cafe monthly
- Go to Oxford with my friend Nick and my sister
- Meet up in town with Nick/on the bus
- Have my hair cut
- Have my bathroom floor replaced
- Have my lounge and hallway carpet replaced
- Go back to my volunteer job
- Go into Northampton with my sister/in the car
- Go to the local garden centre far more often
Those are the main activities on my bucket list. Over to you!March 28, 2021 at 9:53 am #229677
Stay away from people…
Im sure that everyone rushing out will start a new wave of infections..
But I would like to get out a bit with my camera
and of course I am longing to be able to get back to Germany again. I miss my monthly tripsMarch 28, 2021 at 11:09 pm #229707
I’m going to keep being patient to avoid whatever-number-wave-we’re-going-to-be-on-next. 😉 Once a good majority of the population has been vaccinated, I’m looking forward to…
March 29, 2021 at 6:59 am #229725
- Hugs from friends!
- Meeting for church study group during the week
- Church services in-person (though I need “adult backup” arranged so the kids don’t have to sit through it all)
- Lunch/dinner at my parents’ place
- Visits with my bestie and her son
- Driving around the area for a day and seeing the sights
- Movies at the theatre
I would just like our art group to start meeting again. Little things!March 29, 2021 at 1:36 pm #229733
go back to church is my main one.
honestly I’ve really missed it and I’ve missed the pastor. he’s a nice guy. his wife, tooMarch 30, 2021 at 5:08 pm #229764
I know how good at art you are, SpinningJen. I think it will be wonderful when your art group resumes! I am looking forward to my social group re-opening in a month or two. I’ve missed it terribly and want to go back. There are just so many lovely memories and I often wish myself back there. Especially with losing Michael to a head injury and dementia. I will always care about him and value our time together. Michael was my rock.
But back to the present: having life back to normal is something virtually everyone wants. Because it is a deeply sad time for all those lost and the families and friends who’ve suffered those losses.
The world will never forget.April 12, 2021 at 8:53 pm #238002
I sometimes forget, even though there are two boxes of books and videos in my room waiting for donation… but I’m looking forward to volunteering in person at my church so I can take care of the little church library. There’ll be labels to put on new items, shelving and organising to do, and eventually reshelving as people take out and return items again.
I love library work! 😀
- Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!