Can I have

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Squeezy 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

How many times have us parents heard that? Do your kids constantly nag you for the latest gizmo? Are they driving you mad with their constant demands for this and that all the time?

Do they ask for the latest game as soon as it comes out because all their mates have got it? Or is your daughter nagging you for the latest fashion all the time.

Does she constantly whine that she has to have this or that outfit because it,s the “in thing” at the moment and all her mates are wearing it. Do you give in to their constant demands for the sake of world peace or are your firmer with them?

Do you tell them that if they want something that badly they can save up for it by doing jobs round the house and earning pocket money.

Does your refusal to give in to what they want lead to endless sulks/tantrums and tears, with them stamping off upstairs and slamming the bedroom door? Are you now labelled as the worlds worst parent because you won,t give them what they want?

The latest thing my daughter is nagging me for is this new card for a Nintendo DS. Apparantly once you have that, you can download all the games you want from a special site and enver have to buy another game again. So of course as her best mate has got one, she has to have one too. I shall never get any peace until I,ve got it for her.

Are your kids like this? Flamin kids will give me wrinkles and grey hair. 😆

How many times have us parents heard that? Do your kids constantly nag you for the latest gizmo? Are they driving you mad with their constant demands for this and that all the time?

Do they ask for the latest game as soon as it comes out because all their mates have got it? Or is your daughter nagging you for the latest fashion all the time.

Does she constantly whine that she has to have this or that outfit because it,s the “in thing” at the moment and all her mates are wearing it. Do you give in to their constant demands for the sake of world peace or are your firmer with them?

Do you tell them that if they want something that badly they can save up for it by doing jobs round the house and earning pocket money.

Does your refusal to give in to what they want lead to endless sulks/tantrums and tears, with them stamping off upstairs and slamming the bedroom door? Are you now labelled as the worlds worst parent because you won,t give them what they want?

The latest thing my daughter is nagging me for is this new card for a Nintendo DS. Apparantly once you have that, you can download all the games you want from a special site and enver have to buy another game again. So of course as her best mate has got one, she has to have one too. I shall never get any peace until I,ve got it for her.

Are your kids like this? Flamin kids will give me wrinkles and grey hair. 😆

Blimey, I had to quote that to re-read and remember all the questions! 😆

My three have different ‘I want tehniques’….

My Daughter (1) will point at something and squeal for it. She has to learn that squealing won’t get her anywher, so she doesn’t get it.

Youngest son (3) tries the ‘I want…(usually a car)’ routine, then whines like crazy if I say no. I don’t listen to whining, so again he will get nowt. Sometimes I will buy him a small car if he has been good all day and doesn’t pester me for one.

Eldest son (9) is a little sneakier. He will hint how much he wants something and that that is what he is going to save up his pocket money for next, all the while hoping that I am about to say ‘Oh go on then, you can get it’ The amount of computer games he wants, he will be saving his pocket money until he is 45 😆 He will do plenty jobs round the house though, so I can’t complain and do occasionally treat him.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!