Careers?

This topic contains 50 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Nursing is a wonderful career: you’ll be run off your feet, but that is what makes it such a good job. Seeing patients being treated and getting better is very rewarding.

Good luck with your schooling! You’re definitely on your way.

I recently received a BBA in Management and started a position as a bank teller. I am hoping to learn how all the processes work and one day move up in banking.

Oh I wish you so much luck!  I started working as a teller when I was just out of college, my aunt helped me get that job.  I’ve moved up and I’m now Vice President and I’m responsible for fraud reporting across my bank.  I don’t have any people who report to me but I’m sort of leader on my team, I help everyone out with their work and I write SQL and SAS programs so they can get what they need.  I love having my freedom especially since I can work from home, and everyone is nice to me and I get respect from my peers.

My area is very male-dominated and I do unfortunately suffer from sexism regularly.  All of my peers except my immediate boss are male, they are kind enough and they know I’m the most valuable on our team, but it’s like people outside my group.  Other managers don’t approach me for questions, they always ask my male peers who have to then come to me or refer them to me, and these same people keep doing it all the time, you know what I mean?  In the last few years I’ve had 3 of my colleagues offered positions from other managers in our bank, and no one has ever come to me about that, even though like almost literally everything my peers do was designed and built by me, so I always feel a little hurt.  I mean I don’t even really truly want those jobs, but I’m frustrated I never get asked to consider, right?

Oh I don’t want to say I’ve had like really bad experiences, I mean I did move up from teller to vice president in less than 10 years, but I feel I’ve sort of hit my ceiling now, if I’m making sense.  I hope everything works out well for you!

I have a degree in Special Education, but I currently don’t work. Hubby and I are fortunate enough that his salary is enough that I do not have to work. With the prospects of getting pregnant in the future this will be good. I suppose my job is getting manicures and pedicures and spending money shopping. 😂

I have a lot of schooling ahead of me as I have just recently completed my 3rd year of the Pre-Med Program at the University I am attending. After I complete that next year I will start Medical School and then onto Residency Placements. I knew I wanted to do this sort of work since the 9th grade when I applied for my High Schools Bio-Med program and was accepted. It was a lot of hard work throughout high school, but it will be worth it in the end.

1 member liked this post:

Since this post isn’t too terribly old I think I’ll add to it. I have no fascinating career. I’m a mom mostly (teen and tween daughters). I have a little farm that I use to contribute to some of our groceries. I am slowly but surely working towards a MA, I want to work with troubled youth. To make ends meet I take care of 3 elderly folk through companion care and cooking.

After reading through the thread I feel like mentioning: I don’t think anyone should find it their place to approve or disapprove of what anyone does in a setting such as this. Merely saying “you shouldn’t do that” isn’t really going to change anything other than alienate people from coming to a place like this to seek camaraderie and compassion. I think we all need a little more compassion and a lot less shame. My $0.02! Love it or leave it! 🙂

I often socialize and assist people with disabilites. I also work at a charity, doing general admin. I love working. Healthcare is wonderful. I also have done work within the media. I am computer-savvy and keep busy. Again, I love working.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!