Children of today

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Children of today

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of acherrystone acherrystone 20 hours, 12 minutes ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Is the way some children speak to teachers appalling? I was recently told to p*** off and threatened by a girl that she would p*** on my carpet when I wouldn’t let her go to the toilet.

I don’t know but I know it isn’t acceptable. Some children will always be like that. But, again, it is not right. I have no answers.

If children are not disciplined at home I guess it makes it more difficult for teachers to have control in the classroom. Also teachers have to be so careful now to ensure they cannot be accused of assaulting a child. The child has the upper hand I’m afraid.

I agree, it is difficult. Interestingly, in a job I did, I used to visit special schools. I found there that they gave short shrift to any child behaving badly (It made me quake when the teachers shouted at times).  I found this at several schools. Children are often at these schools for their entire school life, and usually learn to fit in quickly. There is usually a lot of genuine respect in the latter years. Disabled children can be just as bad as fitter ones (just beware of being run into by a wheelchair 😄 – not always funny 😉).

Children – disabled or not – do need to be disciplined. Their childhood years are the blueprint of their adult life. They will push to test their boundaries. And I agree children usually try to fit in. When I was at primary school I always tried hard to fit in myself. Getting along with the other children then mean I get along with people in adulthood. Children do need to be shown love – nobody’s doubting that – and given an example by the adults behavior as to how to behave themselves.

Where are their MOTHERS?. I grant you the male half is often a piece of ________, but no one on earth has more  at stake with her son. She should establish discipline and maintain it. A friend has a husband who is a big burly school bus driver- more that equipped to deal with an unruly kid. His instructions when a kid gets out of line, pull the bus over and call the police. Just crazy.

I know people have always moaned about children, but we don’t have to be so right wing about it.

Children are no different from adults, and if you think it is acceptable to treat adults in the same way you are advocating for children, you can leave me out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!