Christmas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Yes ladies that time is very nearly upon us once again. Have any of you even started thinking about Christmas yet? Do you leave present buying until Christmas Eve, or do you start in the January sales straight after the last Christmas and get everything early?
    I normally start in October. This year we are determined to buy a new Christmas tree. Our old one is getting a bit tatty now and we must get some new decorations for it as well.
    And, the most exciting part is, according to the weather experts, (if you beleive anything they say) apparantly this year it is supposed to be really cold and there is a good chance of snow on Christmas Day everywhere!! :bug: Wouldn,t it be wonderful if it just snowed on Christmas Eve, right through until Boxing Day?
    Now I just have to work out what to get the kids this year. It doesn,t get any easier does it?

It just dawned on me. There is this fantastic site that I have used before. You can buy really unusual presents on there. Things you probably wouldn,t find in the shops. It,s called
    Hawkins Bazaar.
    http://www.hawkinsbazaar.com

I love Christmas 🙂 🙂 🙂

I start my shopping in September, although this month I just look for bargains – sale prices, offers etc. I’m looking out for Argos doing their ‘spend £50/£100 get a £5/£10 gift card’ cos that’s when I’ll do my argos toy shopping in a few transactions.

I have bought 14 gifts for various family members so far, and have bought decorations/crackers and tablecloth for decorating.

People roll their eyes at me – but when you have 3 young kids you have to be orgnised.

And yes, Souxi – it would be nice to have snow at Christmas. It’s been about 4 years since we had a decent snowfall up here.

It just dawned on me. There is this fantastic site that I have used before. You can buy really unusual presents on there. Things you probably wouldn,t find in the shops. It,s called
    Hawkins Bazaar.
    http://www.hawkinsbazaar.com

Thanks for that link – already spotted a couple of interesting items 😆

I love Christmas but luckily dont have to get involed in planning or preparation – my parents take care of that for me! Thanks for posting the link Souzi they have some great stuff on that site!

I am all for people being enthusiastic for Christmas but what about all those nutters you get who keep their decorations up all year round? You arent like that are you? !

A nutter? Who, me? 😆

Noooo…my decs don’t go up till the 12th December, and they’re down the day after New Year.

It’s the shopping I like, and the kids faces on Christmas morning. 🙂

I love Christmas but luckily dont have to get involed in planning or preparation – my parents take care of that for me! Thanks for posting the link Souzi they have some great stuff on that site!

I am all for people being enthusiastic for Christmas but what about all those nutters you get who keep their decorations up all year round? You arent like that are you? !

Nooooooooooooo of course not, 😉 My decorations go up on the 1st of December, for the children of course, 😉 then they come down early January. I can’t see the point in having them up all year round, that kind of spoils it doesn,t it? I remember reading about some bloke in a mag once, who not only has his decorations up all year round, but has Christmas dinner every day!! What is the point in that? I mean you can only have so much turkey can,t you? I,d get sick of it after a while. We only have it at Christmas anyway, it makes it more special I reckon.
    I found this great site for Christmas grub over the festive period.
    christmas grub

I found another great site for unusual Christmas decorations. Not sure about that funny looking stick donkey on the home page though. Well I think it,s a donkey. Looks a bit of a strange donkey to me lol. 😆

Christmas decorations

bab

Decorations up on the 1 December? Wow that is early! We don’t normally put ours up until the week before Christmas Day! Christmas definitely becomes more special once you have kids – I never really appreciated the magic of the day until the little ones came along.

Got my 1st xmas pressy in January of this year lol.. Put it away for my daughter. Shes 30 years old and love winny the poo so got her a clock thats has chimes on it and winny comes out of a little house …looks nicer than it sounds lol…Thats been in the bedroom since it arrived.

Starting to buy odds and sods for my granddaughter she will be nearly 3 at xmas so be a bit more into the whole tree and decorations this year.

This year Im going to get those lights from the front of the house you know the ones santa climbing up a ladder…raindeers…lots and lots of lights lol..Cant wait to see her little face .

Lainey

Got my 1st xmas pressy in January of this year lol.. Put it away for my daughter. Shes 30 years old and love winny the poo so got her a clock thats has chimes on it and winny comes out of a little house …looks nicer than it sounds lol…Thats been in the bedroom since it arrived.

Starting to buy odds and sods for my granddaughter she will be nearly 3 at xmas so be a bit more into the whole tree and decorations this year.

This year Im going to get those lights from the front of the house you know the ones santa climbing up a ladder…raindeers…lots and lots of lights lol..Cant wait to see her little face .

Lainey

Awwwww Lainey that clock sounds lovely. Maybe once Christmas is over, you could post a pic of it on here so we can see it? We know someone else who loves Winney the poo don,t we Martin? Perhaps we,ll have to have a whip round and buy him one. Bless him lol. 😆 😆
    I don,t normally start buying in January, I leave it until maybe October, but hey theres, nothing like being organised lol.
    And bab, I honestly Do put the decorations up so early for the kids, really I do, I do. 😆 *desperatly tries to convince herself and fails dismally*
    😉

I like Christmas, but I definitely don’t prepare much in advance. The last couple of years I have been quite good as I was going overseas for the big day which meant I was forced to buy gifts beforehand. Prior to that, I used to just go around on Christmas Eve buying whatever was left on the shelves.

Hey – it’s all part of the fun!

Christmas eve shopper thru n thru……

we tend not to go mental..we more the sort to treat ourselves n each other thru year to be honest…

we only really have mad spending splurges at bike rallies thruout the year..(then wonder how the hell we gonna get it all home on back of bike???)…lol….we have even left tents behind b4 to make room 4 our parcels..lol

Kids are another story…they always come out on top…plus they have the advantage of 2 sets of parents (sometimes divorce can have a positive impact on em eh?)…

Thanx Souxi xx for the link to the gift site….me n steve real big kids n 2 see Morph on the homepage was so cool…

Anyway Crimbo years away yet….whats the rush???…lol

Happy shopping!!!
    Saffi :kiss:

Found another cool gift site with some really unusual stuff..not 2 silly pricewise either…lol

shinyshack.com

Great if you stuck wondering what 2 get peeps who have everything…or hard 2 buy 4….like men 4 example….(sorry Martin but its true m8!!)

Happy shopping!!

Thank you Saffi I shall have to check that out. You are quite right, men can be hard to buy for can,t they? I know what to get for all my kids, np atall, but the OH? For once I,m stumped so hopefully I,ll get some ideas. Cheers. 🙂
    BTW, if your looking for some ideas on what to cook and drink at Christmas, check out my recipe thread in the health and diet thread. I,ve found some great recipes for punch and boozy Christmas puddings and cakes to help you have a really merry Christmas. 😉 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!