Cold turkey

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Jayceefit 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ladies I seriously need some help/support to go cold turkey. Is there any food that you cannot resist no matter how hard you try? Peanuts,ice cream or chocolate? With me its ice cream. I LOVE the stuff, but I know that it isnt good for my health at all.

So, if there is anyone who needs to go cold turkey on something, can we do it together? Post every day that you manage to resist the demon ice cream etc.

Why cant we have cravings for lettuce?😡😡

ladies I seriously need some help/support to go cold turkey. Is there any food that you cannot resist no matter how hard you try? Peanuts,ice cream or chocolate? With me its ice cream. I LOVE the stuff, but I know that it isnt good for my health at all. So, if there is anyone who needs to go cold turkey on something, can we do it together? Post every day that you manage to resist the demon ice cream etc. Why cant we have cravings for lettuce?😡😡

souxi,

Not this again because for how hard try it never fails that it doesn’t last that long for me.  At same time we have one life to life.  I much rather prefer live to the fullness.

Peanuts for me – I can’t resist them and bacon if I can smell it cooking!

Cheese! I LOVE cheese and is my two year olds favorite snack so I always have it on hand.

I’m going to try to eat a carrot instead of cheese. 😄

It should be good as it is fruit with me.

The trouble is that I eat at least my five a day on one sitting so with the usual veg with main meal I am probably eating double the recommended amout. With the sugar in fruit it means too much! It’s even worse now that fruit is ripening in the garden as I can eat as I pick (even gooseberries which are too sour for most people straight off the bush).

I am weaning off a bit now as the apples picked last year are finished and I am resisting, but I just love fruit and also don’t like to see any wasted.

A good side to this is that I don’t eat many sweets, as I often just don’t fancy them. I love cheese as well but am rationing myself to a slice a day. Mostly that works 😄

Honestly? Greek yoghurt…sure it’s technically pretty healthy stuff…except my body doesn’t deal with dairy too well and breaks me out in rashes!

The best way to deal with trigger foods, is to go cold turkey, unfortunately. When it comes to trigger foods, there is no such thing as moderation!

Honestly? Greek yoghurt…sure it’s technically pretty healthy stuff…except my body doesn’t deal with dairy too well and breaks me out in rashes! The best way to deal with trigger foods, is to go cold turkey, unfortunately. When it comes to trigger foods, there is no such thing as moderation!

😣 NO I don’t think I can say goodbye to cheese!

I used to be addicted to chocolate. Now it isn’t such a big deal and I don’t crave it. I haven’t eaten any biscuits for well over a year. I eat maybe one or two bags a crisps once a month. I only eat ice cream on a rare occasion. I could not live without cheese, however. I’d much rather have cheese than chocolate. The way to deal with cravings is to give in to them. This sounds odd but your body is telling you that you need ice cream because you won’t let yourself have it and you see it as a sin . If you didn’t see it as a forbidden food you would not crave it so much. Give in to your cravings and they will disappear.

You don’t need to give it up forever, I just think until you get past that initial obsession, you will struggle to eat/drink it in moderation!

A few weeks is long enough to break a habit! Then you can reintroduce in small quantities.

It’s also a good idea to buy in small quanities (i.e: buying one packet of crisps when you fancy it, as opposed to a multipack to keep at home where the temptation to eat them all is there)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Jayceefit.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!