College commuter In need of a hobby…

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Hobbies & Leisure College commuter In need of a hobby…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone! I am currently facing a dilemma and would love some insight and suggestions! I am a college commuter student therefore I tend to come home from school and work and find free time but I don’t always know what to do. I sometimes begin to feel a little lonely and would love to get into a hobby or activity for the evenings to just relax and relieve stress at the end of the day. Any suggestions?

That is one reason why I started taking drawing lessons in evening class at a local college. I enjoyed painting, but could not draw. It also brought me together with other people who I would not normally meet. This has enriched my life greatly as I have gained new friends. It was also relaxing at the end of a busy day at work.

Perhaps as a college student anyway  you may not find it so relaxing. I remember when my sister was at college, away from home, she joined a group of people who went out into the countryside on walks, camps and youth hostelling. That is where she met her husband.  My son joined the naval unit at university.  I was not quite so adventurous 😊

1 member liked this post:

There are a lot of courses on offer these days. Your local college will be able to give you an idea of what you could do. I would rather fancy doing baking or painting but it needs to be something you could find interesting. Friendships will follow and if you don’t get the course right first time you could swap.

I agree with SpinningJen and Lindylo: colleges do loads of night classes. From French, to art, to tai chi, dance: the list is endless. You’ll definitely love night school. I attended art classes at night school and had a good time. Get yourself a college brochure!

That is wonderful, I do enjoy art activities as well and it is a great idea, thank you! I actually recently decided to pick up my hobby of horse riding again, and decided to lease a horse! Happiest I have been in a while!

I’ve been horse riding! It’s hard work but worth it. I’ve only gone two or three times over the last few years, though. Still, it is a wonderful hobby. Have fun!

P.S I didn’t mean brochure: I meant prospectus.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!