Cool "Alias" Fights/Thread Spin-Off

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Cool "Alias" Fights/Thread Spin-Off

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

OK. An odd question BUT: does violence in TV shock you? In film and TV what are your limits on violence? For instance, I cannot watch “Machete”, even though Jessica Alba is in it. I just do not like that film at all. I cannot watch bloody violence in other films, either. I am not easily shocked: I just don’t like brutal, bloody violence.

What films do you think go too far? Is there any film you’ve watched and just felt – not disgusted – but sick to the stomach? I do also think no matter if your favourite actor/actress is in it does not necessarily mean you’re going to like the film.

Over to you.

Im not a great lover of violence although I love things like Lock stock and two smoking barrels which is violence from begin to end.

I dont watch rape or child abuse or animal abuse scenes.. For instance the accused with Jodie Foster I wont watch but Silence of the Lambs is fine.

Hollywood getting blown up stuff is no problem its so silly but sadistic violence is not for me …

2 users liked this post:

I don’t go for violence, at least the modern dramatic style, much either. I won’t even watch things like Eastenders because of the constant abusive stress. I do watch factual programs about murderers and other crime though. They don’t glorify things the same. I much prefer the older comedies and detective programs eg ‘Open All Hours’ and ‘Midsomer Murders’ or an Agatha Christie.

1 member liked this post:

I don’t go for violence, at least the modern dramatic style, much either. I won’t even watch things like Eastenders because of the constant abusive stress. I do watch factual programs about murderers and other crime though. They don’t glorify things the same. I much prefer the older comedies and detective programs eg ‘Open All Hours’ and ‘Midsomer Murders’ or an Agatha Christie.

The Dutch tv is showing Grantchester, and we love it ,Id never seen this show before and its great.

We also like Father Brown , Midsummer Murders, George Gently, and I like the Mallorca files.. Funny, detective, a bit of murder but nothing gory..

I enjoyed the malorca files also. I hope they do another season

have you seen shakespeare and halfaway?. kind  of like that show

Shakespeare and Hathaway was fun. I know there is a fourth series in the pipeline but its not due to be shown until 2021

I have private messaged you back as promised KitKatKitty!

Hello. cassandra. Sadistic, brutal violence is not for me, either. Not even in factual programmes. If it is toned down, then that’s better. But brutal scenes of human deprevation is never for me.

Film makers do have to deal with some shocking images but even then I would turn off the TV or DVD. However, mild fictional fights can be interesting to watch. But I don’t take enjoyment out of them per se. For instance, seeing Jennifer Garner fight looks cool because she is a woman who stands up for herself. Rather than me liking someone being beaten.

Anyhow, I will always love Alias. Enjoy the clips!

I used to watch a lot more violence and it didn’t bother me then. Now I can’t take it. I even stopped reading and watching regular mysteries because I’d rather stick with middle-grade mysteries like I read with my two oldest sons. (Pumpkin Falls is a great series by Heather Vogel Frederick!) Give me missing items over murder any day, better influence on my thoughts and how I treat people.

That said, I’m still a fan of Sherlock Holmes. Or maybe just the super-conceited and clueless version I used to write for fun. 😉

I have private messaged you back as promised KitKatKitty.

I have now replied, Rachel. An excellent story! I thoroughly enjoyed reading another of Leda’s instalments.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!