Country Mouse or City Mouse?

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Fashion & Lifestyle Country Mouse or City Mouse?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  AverageJane 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

What are you? How did you grow up? Would you like to change?

I live in the country, on a little farm. I love our slow world existence here and the elbow room that comes with it. I like the city for entertainment purposes, new restaurants, etc but wouldn’t want to live there full-time.

I am a country mouse. I love animals and the countryside. I like to go into the city occasionally, but I much prefer country life.

I’m a city gal. I love the diversity around me, the cultural options available on every block, the food and wine offerings from all over the world available right here. On the other hand, public transportation is terrible, you can’t own a car because you can’t park it, and I feel I have to carry a gun when I run in the early mornings. Still, I’m not moving- unless my job moves me.

KitKatKitty, woman after my own heart 🙂

Rhonda that sounds hectic. Although I can appreciate the diversity, culture and good things to eat and drink. To make up for seldom trips to the city I get a beer-of-the-month club and wine-of-the-month club, both send me selections from all over the world and as much as I love to cook I find it fun to pair dishes with the different drinks I get.

City Mouse i love the husle and bustle of city life. every thing convenient for business and leisure activities. like go visit country on week end to relax and enjoy nature and beach especially.

I’m somewhere in between.  I live in a suburb, just inside city limits.  Of course, the city’s population is  only about 500K.  The metropolitan  area’s population is over 700K.  I like not having to go very far for groceries, dining, entertainment and outdoor activities.

I’ve experienced small town rural America for a couple of years and didn’t like it one bit.

Those of you who live in the city are you home or apartment dwellers? I spent a semester in a 600 population City but I was in an apartment and the amount of noise coming from upstairs was way worse than roosters crowing or geese alerting me to furry predators. Lol

I am a country mouse, and love that I can get out into the wilds (or at least as wild as it gets here lol). I have lived in the city a couple of times, but it is too polluted and busy for me. I grew up in a farming community and remember herding cattle though our village when I was little. And walking through a wall of wool when the sheep were on the move. You can keep the geese though lol. They are a little too efficient at times!

1 member liked this post:

What great memories Jen. 🙂

I’m somewhere in between. I live in a suburb, just inside city limits. Of course, the city’s population is only about 500K. The metropolitan area’s population is over 700K. I like not having to go very far for groceries, dining, entertainment and outdoor activities. I’ve experienced small town rural America for a couple of years and didn’t like it one bit.

Oh I’m just the same, I like living in a town that’s not really a city, but not country either.  I like having my affordable house with a little bit of property, but no tall buildings or too much noise.  But I do need sidewalks and stores within short distance! 🙂

I’ve lived sort of in the country before and I was miserable.  I had satellite internet, and a septic tank and well water, and it was like a 20 minute drive just to get to any decent shopping.  I felt very lonely out there. 🙁

Jane, I’ve lived in apartments for almost all of the first half of my life.  My parents taught me to be aware of my footsteps out of respect for those who lived below us.  We’ve never lived on the first floor, but on the second or third floors of typically four-story buildings.  My last two apartments were each on the top (third) floor.

I now live in a ranch style home, and I’m amazed at how heavy-footed my hubby is…especially when I’m trying to take a nap.  LOL  A visit to my sister-in-law’s house revealed that the heavy-footed gait runs in the family.  😃

Unfortunately for me, my upstairs neighbor didn’t have those same regards. From about 9:30 until about midnight he seemed very active. lol He was a large man though so I think that was half the problem.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!