Dark Upper Lip! Please help me!

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Dark Upper Lip! Please help me!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m almost 36 years old and getting older has really been getting to me. Not only am I pulling every gray hair that I see but lately I’ve been noticing my upper lip is a bit darker. I first noticed it last summer. I shaved it and went about my business. Next thing you know, I had to shave it all the time. I used wax strips and those fixed the problem also. About the past week, it LOOKS like I have a mustache even though the only hair’s appear to be blonde. Today I bought Sally Hansen Creme Hair Bleach. It helped only a little bit. I also bought a brand new box of Sally Hansen Wax Strips but I’m not going to wax tonight considering I just bleached. I have been going tanning for the past month and I’m thinking that has something to do with it. For the first time in my life, I’m very self conscious and embarrassed by my looks. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and/ or any advice on how to get rid of it?! I appreciate it and thank you so much in advance.

• This topic was modified 5 months ago by  cjs51183.

Sensitive facial hair removing cream is best. Your local Boots or Superdrug will sell these products.

Definitely stop the shaving. I think you realize this already, though. Anyhow, you’re not alone: a lot of women get your problem. Still, I can understand your embarrassment. I’d certainly stick to facial hair removing cream once a fortnight.

I do hope I’ve helped.

You could try electrolysis hair removal. I think it is not cheap but it is supposed to be permanent.

Welcome to the mid-30s!  Laser hair removal may be the way to go as well.  It’s a more permanent solution than waxing.

If you’ve got the money, it is a good idea to have laser surgery or the suchlike. But if you don’t want to go down that route, then I’d just stick with hair removing cream. Boring, but it’s what I would do. Definitely NEVER shave your upper lip.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!