Did you play a sport in high school/college?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion Just for Fun Did you play a sport in high school/college?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Chuki 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Yesterday I asked if anyone played an instrument so I thought do we have any athletic types here.

I played Volleyball back in high school before I got sick.

I was on a couple of swim teams, but they weren’t part of the school system.  I was a clumsy child who had, and still has, balance issues.

That is one of the few activities I can do without harming myself, or others.

I was on a couple of swim teams, but they weren’t part of the school system. I was a clumsy child who had, and still has, balance issues. That is one of the few activities I can do without harming myself, or others.

Swimming is a great sport and is really good exercise.

I used to play squash, but although I was fast enough, I was not one of the best.

I used to play squash, but although I was fast enough, I was not one of the best.

Squash is not very a very popular sport where I am from. Is that sort of like racquetball?

I didn’t enjoy sports at school, but these days have found I enjoy tennis, football and horseriding. I also enjoy walking and running. I do the odd bit of yoga, too. I actually played football with my social club last year: my legs were sore, but it was worth every minute!

It’s great to be active.

It s great to be active. My energy now isn’t the same as it use to be with all the treatment I have gone through but I have been getting stronger and stronger each day. The main thing for me is my scans are clear so the Cancer isn’t attacking my organs.

Squash is not very a very popular sport where I am from. Is that sort of like racquetball?

It is sort of like, but the US and UK differences in racquetbal and racketball means that I would have to do quite a bit of research to determine what they are. Squash is played in an enclosed court in a similar way.

1 member liked this post:

It is sort of like, but the US and UK differences in racquetbal and racketball means that I would have to do quite a bit of research to determine what they are. Squash is played in an enclosed court in a similar way.

I have seen racquetball played and it is very fast. It looks like a lot of fun.

I started running cross country in college in Edinburgh. Too awkward and clumsy for anything else and I had no hand-eye coordination. But with running I could set myself on cruise control and eat up the miles. And I never stopped. I still run 4 miles most mornings, although now I do so with my pal, Smith & Wesson 38 special.

I started running cross country in college in Edinburgh. Too awkward and clumsy for anything else and I had no hand-eye coordination. But with running I could set myself on cruise control and eat up the miles. And I never stopped. I still run 4 miles most mornings, although now I do so with my pal, Smith & Wesson 38 special.

That is great exercise and much more running I could ever do. Better safe than sorry.

I just did cheer for school and out of school I did gymnastics.

I played softball, I was catcher.  lol my thighs are still by strongest muscles.  I do miss playing sometimes.

I played softball, I was catcher. lol my thighs are still by strongest muscles. I do miss playing sometimes.

I can’t even imagine squatting down like that every inning.

As I said in another post I was good at hockey and played quite a lot of tennis, when I was younger I did ballet but gave that up. I think in my teens I enjoyed tennis as it was a mixed game and I was into boys then ( !! ) so that was really good for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!