Diet and exercise

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  eSchaad1 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi, so I’m looking for advice on losing belly fat. And I have thicker thighs and plump butt that I’d like to tone. Unless there’s any personal trainers in here, I’m just expecting advice from personal experience. <b>This is going to be long!</b>

Aside from what I started with, I’m otherwise a rather thin 120 lbs at 30 years old. I wear a size 7 juniors or 6 ladies or medium pant. (I dont have boobs, so I don’t wear a normal bra, cause I can’t find a comfortable one, so I just wear a sports bra………. I feel like my food is settling in my belly and even though I’m thin, I have some belly pudge I’m not comfortable with. I would like to achieve a toned belly. I don’t exactly eat healthy, but I don’t eat a lot either, my portions are on the smaller side. It is very difficult for me to eat healthy foods, because I’m a very picky eater and as much as I really do want to eat healthier, I can’t force myself to eat things I don’t like the taste of, it truly makes me gaggy. So I take multivitamins to try and supplement. My husband and I want to cook meat and potato dishes and (veggies for him) but it’s overwhelming. So we just eat frozen and processed foods. We’ve tried fried pork before, went ok. Polish cabbage rolls don’t go like grandma did it (and I don’t like the cabbage so hubby doesn’t want me trying to make it anymore because of the waste)…… I have some meat dishes pinned, but with him woringk 11:30 pm to my 5 am, we rarely go for it on my two mid week days off.

I’m going to lay out my food preferences and what I eat in a day to help with ideas and suggestions….I don’t like vegetables except corn, or is that a grain? The only fruit I like is banana, and pomegranate seed wasn’t bad when I tried it,  it that’s a seed fruit and does seem very appetizing. I don’t like greens or condiments. I do like meats, chicken, beef, steak (I’ll eat but has to be the slightest of pink), I’ll do pork, I don’t like ham but I’ll eat it if the family is serving it…… my daily eating routine on 4 work days is 2 pop tarts when I get up at 3 am. 1 pop tart at 7:30 break. 2-3 Krispy Kreme mini cruellers at 9:30. At 11:30 lunch is a small portion of tortellini with ground beef and a water and meat sauce mixture. At 3pm is supper of 4 small pieces of Tyson nuggets and some Ore Ida fries cooked in the oven, or the week will be split between this and two or three days worth of tacos, but mine consists of one small soft shell of meat and cheese. Or spilt with half a week of spaghetti and meat sauce and one frozen oven cooked breadstick (spaghetti week is when I really ever eat the most and feel stuffed). Then usually no snacks after supper. Sunday is midnight shift, so I have 1 pop tart when I get to work at 11:30 pm, then 1 Krispy Kreme donut for lunch at 1:30 am. At 4:30/5:00 break is another donut. On second break at 7:00 is a small amount of chips or a small snack cake. I’ve tried Jimmy Deans breakfast bowl for lunch, but felt too full after that, so stuck with the one donut. I’ve tried hot cereal, but that’s too much fuss while at work. Then when I’m finally home around 10-11 am, I’ll have a couple munchies of something or nothing until we have lunch at his parents house at 1-2pm, which is usually a meat and potato dish, sometimes it’s tacos, or chicken noodle soup and potatoes (homemade with chicken broth, chicken breast meat and kaluski noodles). Then I usually don’t eat anything after that, unless the step son and I go to parents house for wrestling PPV every two or so weeks, I will eat fast food around 6-7 pm (and back up with the pop tart breakfast at a bit of a pushed back time, but routine still the same)…..My two days off it’s 2 pop tarts when I get up,  little bit of munchies until lunch, being either the tortellini dish or 3 meat and cheese frozen taquitios…… so my eating habits are not exactly healthy, but my portions are on the smaller side….. and to add all I drink all day every day is milk and water….. so it’s not like I’m over eating on the sugars and carbs since I’m only 120 lbs, I just feel like it’s landing in my belly and maybe the thighs and butt.

So now for the exercise, I have a Wii Fit which has Yoga. I got into it for a while, trying to do a routine on it before supper after getting home from work, but then I started getting home too close to supper to have time, so I tried to do it after supper, after food setteled, but I would get so sleepy and fall asleep on couch until hubby got up, then it was my turn to get in bed, especially with late fall and winter, we don’t have central heating, so I’m always too cold. Plus the Wii program is annoying, so I want to do it without. I really like the yoga, so I really want to get back into it…… Now that it’s summer and no central cooling, I’m wanting to get back into trying to exercise after hubby goes to bed and after supper settles, and if I can really get back into it now while it’s warm, then I feel like I can stick the box heater on me and keep with it during the cold times….I do want to pick back up Yoga for toning, balance and strength. But I also want excerise the will help with the belly pudge. I looked on Pinterest for stomach exercise to lose belly fat and found a routine I feel like I can do. I kinda got thru 15 days of a 30 day challenge (I missed a couple days, so I just upped it to the next day). It’s crunches, leg raises and planks increasing by so much each day. I got discouraged, feeling like it wasn’t doing any help and wanted to look for advice, but I do know I won’t see results right away….. I also want to tone my plump butt, so I found a pin of doing 3 reps but I only did 1 to start (fell out of that too, but determined to get back) of squats, leg raises from being on knees, leg cross over from knees and waist lifts from laying on back…. these all I feel like I can keep up with as a routine, but I feel like I want more for my belly, to get rid of this fat build up…. I know proper food will help, but if I don’t like the taste, I get all gaggy, and I just don’t like condiments and most seasonings. Ugh…… I also don’t know what I should do about exercise when I’m on my period, especially when I’m getting started, I don’t want to lose what progress I’m moving towards with my belly.  I’m not going to do all these routines during, because…. <b>TMI</b>….. I’m not comfortable with wearing tampons, and if I do these while wearing a pad, I’m just going to make myself messy….. so looking for other options for the belly, like if there’s possibly anything I can do while sitting on the toilet….

I don’t know what I’m expecting to get out of this, cause I know you’re just thinking and wanting to say, if you want a change, suck it up buttercup and deal with it, eat more healthy food or deal with belly……

Thanks for reading this far!!!

I know I am not qualified to say much here so will just put forward a few observations, and I know it is not easy to change so no simple answers.

A lot of the shape of a body is down to heredity and early upbringing seems to have its effects too, If you have (say) a pear shaped body you will not be able to change the basic shape so it will always be so to some extent. Losing weight to sort the lower parts would also result in loosing some weight in other areas. That said, exercise will help. Getting advice about this would be good. You could get a plan which varied things over the month to allow for your period.

My initial thoughts on your diet are contrary to what you are thinking. I do feel you may be overdoing the sugars and carbs (and probably salt too). Ideally you need expert help to evaluate your diet and advise on foods to balance it. It may well be difficult and is something you would need to keep to.

2 users liked this post:

I think you’ve got the right attitude, Swansoda. You’re definitely not alone with the diet and exercise regime. I’d stick with your approach. Definitely do the yoga. I have done yoga myself and it really tones up the muscles. Some people think it’s an easy exercise and doesn’t achieve anything: they are wrong. It is a hot, sweaty, healthy exercise.

Carry on with what you’re eating. Eating what you like [although not ice cream!] is important. DON’T force yourself and eat foods you don’t like. You want to still eat good food but without the calories. Just buy normal foods and don’t starve yourself. I am not saying you would, but some think it’s a quick-fix when it isn’t. Just eating food you like in smaller portions is key.

I do hope I’ve helped and good luck! It will take time, but don’t give up.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  KitKatKitty.

Thank you both. I do eat small portions of everything except the four days in a month worth of spaghetti. I do feel I have a lot of sugar, but I’m not sure what to supplement. 3am is too early to make bacon and eggs. I could make changes to work breaks, but not sure what to do there. My friend has a berry and yogurt and good carbs mixture, but like I said all I like is banana, and one is not enough to curb the hunger. She keeps throwing out suggestions in a bullheaded manner sometimes, like cook it this way, season it with this. Guess I would have to speak with a nutritionist.

Yes a lot of people think Yoga is just sitting Indian style and meditating. I don’t do that stuff, but Yoga I agree is not easy. It’s a lot of balancing and using your muscles to keep you upright.

1 member liked this post:

I know I am not qualified to say much here so will just put forward a few observations, and I know it is not easy to change so no simple answers. A lot of the shape of a body is down to heredity and early upbringing seems to have its effects too, If you have (say) a pear shaped body you will not be able to change the basic shape so it will always be so to some extent. Losing weight to sort the lower parts would also result in loosing some weight in other areas. That said, exercise will help. Getting advice about this would be good. You could get a plan which varied things over the month to allow for your period. My initial thoughts on your diet are contrary to what you are thinking. I do feel you may be overdoing the sugars and carbs (and probably salt too). Ideally you need expert help to evaluate your diet and advise on foods to balance it. It may well be difficult and is something you would need to keep to.

Nicole,

Yeah to what Jen said to you on here.  Also, not being a expert on this.  At the same time both of this also applies to how much we rely on process foods and steadier lifestyle as well.  I mean not just here in US, Canada, all of North, Central, South Americas.  Including overseas, well at least from what I gather.

I know I am not qualified to say much here so will just put forward a few observations, and I know it is not easy to change so no simple answers. A lot of the shape of a body is down to heredity and early upbringing seems to have its effects too, If you have (say) a pear shaped body you will not be able to change the basic shape so it will always be so to some extent. Losing weight to sort the lower parts would also result in loosing some weight in other areas. That said, exercise will help. Getting advice about this would be good. You could get a plan which varied things over the month to allow for your period. My initial thoughts on your diet are contrary to what you are thinking. I do feel you may be overdoing the sugars and carbs (and probably salt too). Ideally you need expert help to evaluate your diet and advise on foods to balance it. It may well be difficult and is something you would need to keep to.

Nicole, Yeah to what Jen said to you on here. Also, not being a expert on this. At the same time both of this also applies to how much we rely on process foods and steadier lifestyle as well. I mean not just here in US, Canada, all of North, Central, South Americas. Including overseas, well at least from what I gather.

I’m back yet with a something that I overheard while walking in town, yesterday.  Even through I know its none of business, but couldn’t help to share it here.  Since they were loud enough for me to know it.  In which I didn’t get a good glimpse of what they look like.

It was one woman asking the other one how she felt about living either/both the south, overseas in europe in particular.

Basically, I can see why she doesn’t want to live in the south and I’m like that.  With europe on the other hand couldn’t believe she doesn’t want to live in europe.  I for one I would jump at the opportunity to live. Especially for the most part western to central, but not central to eastern, but would adopt in the opposite direction of course.

By the way this also applies to living in canada and both down under in both australia, and new zealand.

Nicole, Yeah to what Jen said to you on here. Also, not being a expert on this. At the same time both of this also applies to how much we rely on process foods and steadier lifestyle as well. I mean not just here in US, Canada, all of North, Central, South Americas. Including overseas, well at least from what I gather.

I’m back yet with a something that I overheard while walking in town, yesterday. Even through I know its none of business, but couldn’t help to share it here. Since they were loud enough for me to know it. In which I didn’t get a good glimpse of what they look like. It was one woman asking the other one how she felt about living either/both the south, overseas in europe in particular. Basically, I can see why she doesn’t want to live in the south and I’m like that. With europe on the other hand couldn’t believe she doesn’t want to live in europe. I for one I would jump at the opportunity to live. Especially for the most part western to central, but not central to eastern, but would adopt in the opposite direction of course. By the way this also applies to living in canada and both down under in both australia, and new zealand.

I’m back yet again because I forgot to some areas to my 2nd original response here.  I mean like places where I would live, wouldn’t live, what I would live with, without these modern day convinces.

As for staying in us I’m pretty much open to most of it.  Excluding of course the south, others include both alaska, and the territory of puerto rico.  At the same time I’m still in the middle of living washington dc on either maryland and virgina sides of it.

Canada, europe, down under are the same answer to my us answer.  Excluding canadian atlantic maritime coastline including interior parts of it.  Including all of there northern provinces/territories.  Europe are belfast, rest of northern ireland, glasgow, most parts of the scandinavian countries, including greenland as well.  I’m middle of the road living in birningham, manchester, south hampton, all of down under.

I can live with all of these modern convinces such as dishwasher, dryer, generator,  hot water heater, and dishwasher.  In my preference I can live without both of these modern day convinces air conditioner and central air.

I’m back yet with a something that I overheard while walking in town, yesterday. Even through I know its none of business, but couldn’t help to share it here. Since they were loud enough for me to know it. In which I didn’t get a good glimpse of what they look like. It was one woman asking the other one how she felt about living either/both the south, overseas in europe in particular. Basically, I can see why she doesn’t want to live in the south and I’m like that. With europe on the other hand couldn’t believe she doesn’t want to live in europe. I for one I would jump at the opportunity to live. Especially for the most part western to central, but not central to eastern, but would adopt in the opposite direction of course. By the way this also applies to living in canada and both down under in both australia, and new zealand.

I’m back yet again because I forgot to some areas to my 2nd original response here. I mean like places where I would live, wouldn’t live, what I would live with, without these modern day convinces. As for staying in us I’m pretty much open to most of it. Excluding of course the south, others include both alaska, and the territory of puerto rico. At the same time I’m still in the middle of living washington dc on either maryland and virgina sides of it. Canada, europe, down under are the same answer to my us answer. Excluding canadian atlantic maritime coastline including interior parts of it. Including all of there northern provinces/territories. Europe are belfast, rest of northern ireland, glasgow, most parts of the scandinavian countries, including greenland as well. I’m middle of the road living in birningham, manchester, south hampton, all of down under. I can live with all of these modern convinces such as dishwasher, dryer, generator, hot water heater, and dishwasher. In my preference I can live without both of these modern day convinces air conditioner and central air.

I’m back yet again because I forgot another part to where I would/n’t or just simply in the middle of the road on living.

For the most part I would prefer to live in a major city a great infrastructure including public transportation system like the seen in Canada, europe, a little bit of asia.  I really have no whatsoever clue as to whats it like down under, and other parts as well.  At the same time that also includes history part of it as well.  In which I really prefer not live in either/both rural, remote, and especially the ones that really recovered fully from the great depression, industry age, the current recession that we are in, and crime full ridden.  As for being in the middle of the road its activism, arts, bilingual, capital, culture/al, education, government/political/political, healthcare/hospital/medical center system, learning, lifestyle/sub, literary, medium city, people with all developmental, mental, physical disabilities, psychology, rights/issues, religion/us, sciences, society/ies, spirit/ual/ity, sports, suburbs/uran.

I’m back yet again because I forgot to some areas to my 2nd original response here. I mean like places where I would live, wouldn’t live, what I would live with, without these modern day convinces. As for staying in us I’m pretty much open to most of it. Excluding of course the south, others include both alaska, and the territory of puerto rico. At the same time I’m still in the middle of living washington dc on either maryland and virgina sides of it. Canada, europe, down under are the same answer to my us answer. Excluding canadian atlantic maritime coastline including interior parts of it. Including all of there northern provinces/territories. Europe are belfast, rest of northern ireland, glasgow, most parts of the scandinavian countries, including greenland as well. I’m middle of the road living in birningham, manchester, south hampton, all of down under. I can live with all of these modern convinces such as dishwasher, dryer, generator, hot water heater, and dishwasher. In my preference I can live without both of these modern day convinces air conditioner and central air.

I’m back yet again because I forgot another part to where I would/n’t or just simply in the middle of the road on living. For the most part I would prefer to live in a major city a great infrastructure including public transportation system like the seen in Canada, europe, a little bit of asia. I really have no whatsoever clue as to whats it like down under, and other parts as well. At the same time that also includes history part of it as well. In which I really prefer not live in either/both rural, remote, and especially the ones that really recovered fully from the great depression, industry age, the current recession that we are in, and crime full ridden. As for being in the middle of the road its activism, arts, bilingual, capital, culture/al, education, government/political/political, healthcare/hospital/medical center system, learning, lifestyle/sub, literary, medium city, people with all developmental, mental, physical disabilities, psychology, rights/issues, religion/us, sciences, society/ies, spirit/ual/ity, sports, suburbs/uran.

I’m back yet again because I changed my mind about one item that I already listed before.  Also, to add a couple of more things to my list as well.

Basically, I changed my mind about living without either/both air conditioning and central air.  I’m now in the middle of the road on it because it depends where I’m and etc.

Then forgot to put all of these items that I’m in the middle of the road on.

Parenting, family, and socialization.

I’m back yet again because I forgot another part to where I would/n’t or just simply in the middle of the road on living. For the most part I would prefer to live in a major city a great infrastructure including public transportation system like the seen in Canada, europe, a little bit of asia. I really have no whatsoever clue as to whats it like down under, and other parts as well. At the same time that also includes history part of it as well. In which I really prefer not live in either/both rural, remote, and especially the ones that really recovered fully from the great depression, industry age, the current recession that we are in, and crime full ridden. As for being in the middle of the road its activism, arts, bilingual, capital, culture/al, education, government/political/political, healthcare/hospital/medical center system, learning, lifestyle/sub, literary, medium city, people with all developmental, mental, physical disabilities, psychology, rights/issues, religion/us, sciences, society/ies, spirit/ual/ity, sports, suburbs/uran.

I’m back yet again because I changed my mind about one item that I already listed before. Also, to add a couple of more things to my list as well. Basically, I changed my mind about living without either/both air conditioning and central air. I’m now in the middle of the road on it because it depends where I’m and etc. Then forgot to put all of these items that I’m in the middle of the road on. Parenting, family, and socialization.

I’m  back yet again because I forgot put that I’m also in the middle of the road.  Regarding the business, economy, finance, homeless, independent, local, middle/working class, mom/pop, poor, rich, wealthy.

Well, 2 years ago my weight was 68kgs, and being a girl 68kgs are like OMG. Then I thought about it and I set my mind to be a morning person. I started jogging at beginning only 1-2kms then gradually increase it to 4-5kms which was enough for the morning. Also switched my meal to healthy food like oats, fruits, salad, indian nuts, fish, veggies. Then after I started working in an IT company so I was not able to give so much of time to jogging so I started gym and cardio. Now my weight is 54kgs. And I’m so happy with it. Cardio is the best workout.

1 member liked this post:

Well done Lisadorsey 🙂 x

This post is very exciting, thank you😁

I avoid cake, ice cream, biscuits. BUT I do love eating crisps. I know they’re bad for me but they are so lovely. I don’t eat sweets but I do eat a little chocolate. I don’t eat fried foods, however or takeaways. I go walking every day. I have been known to do a bit of dancing. I look after myself, even though I’m not the perfect weight.

I am a very obese person and I take regular exercises to shed pounds. I am aware of many ways that can help in reducing belly fats. It is necessary to avoid foods that contain trans fats. Restricting the intake of sugary foods can also help in losing belly fats. Swansoda, you need to eat healthy and strictly avoid sugar-sweetened beverages. If you want, you can check about the guide régime and its extra resources to find about healthy recipes. You can also choose élastique sportif to shed belly fat.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!