disappointed in self control

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Fashion & Lifestyle disappointed in self control

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  SpinningJen 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m disappointed in myself again. It’s the same old thing. I did it (broke my diet, put my foot in my mouth, cheated again, spent too much money, chose the wrong dating partner) again. Now, I feel a little helpless and hopeless that I will ever get past this. Why can’t I just get over this?

Do you let yourself down a lot?

I’m pretty bad about exercising.  I just don’t do it, but I need to.  I’m not gaining weight, but I really just don’t feel healthy enough, but I’m just too lazy to go to the gym, but I feel I will start riding my bicycle again soon (maybe lol!)

I’m pretty good about keeping my portion control, and I don’t pick up restaurant food, and I don’t have a sweet tooth.  But I haven’t been buying much fruit lately, I’ve been eating too much bread for my snacks.

I think everyone at some point in there lives has that let down moment. Really the only way to get over it in my book is to pick yourself up and start fresh again.

I’ve disappointed myself a number of times. When I started smoking again after having quit for 4.5 years is just one of those times.

The best thing you can do is forgive yourself and try again.  You’ll eventually get there.  Hopefully, you discuss all this with your therapist?

Don’t be dissapointed in yourself, just steadily work toward who you wish to be. We all have our issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!