Do You Believe In Making It Happen?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Do You Believe In Making It Happen?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I most certainly do.

These are the things I’ve made come true:

1. I got my school qualifications
    2. I graduated from college
    3. I got a brilliant job at a charity for over 10 years
    4. I got my own apartment
    5. I got my creative writing published
    6. I have travelled the world
    7. I am now excellent with a computer
    8. I have a fabulous wardrobe
    9. I have wonderful family & friends

OK, so I don’t have a university degree or live in a mansion: but I have the aforementioned.

1 member liked this post:

I think there are many goals you can work towards.

If you work hard and if things go right these goals can be achieved.

I also believe that you shouldn’t be too rigid in life and you should accept every good thing as a little triumph.

My main triumph in life is being loved and showing love, the fact that people refer to me in a loving way and say that they have felt supported and love by me is my greatest triumph and I think that is the legacy that I would like to live by and leave behind.

no.

I am very religious, and believe that if something is meant to be, (if that was the will of god, if you like) then it will happen

if  not, then it won’t. I don’t believe in trying to alter that kind of thing

I also believe in everything happens for a reason

so their’s that, too

I have to side with Kat and remember “God helps those who help themselves”. I don’t believe in waiting for something to happen, but rather go out there and make it happen,

3 users liked this post:

Sitting around waiting for something to happen almost guarantees nothing will happen. I got my qualifications and graduated college. As for my creative writing: I spent – and still spend – hours and hours creating and publishing my work. No one is going to knock on my door and offer those opportunities to me.

Women who are famous aren’t just lucky: they had to attend casting sessions and make it happen. Even Mariah Carey took that first step.

My advice to anyone: make small steps and you will climb mountains.

My next goal is to meet someone special. But he isn’t going to knock on my door. I shall go out more into the world and find him.

I don’t expect perfection: just a decent man. Again – if I want a boyfriend – it means traveling the world and keeping my heart and eyes open. There is one special man called Nick. Maybe I should be with him? Maybe I expect too much. He is a great guy.

I have to side with Kat and remember “God helps those who help themselves”. I don’t believe in waiting for something to happen, but rather go out there and make it happen,

Funny enough, that’s not found in the Bible. It has a good ring to it in that we shouldn’t sit on our bottoms when there are things to be done, but Ben Franklin probably didn’t mean that God will only help us if we’re on top of things. God cheers for the underdog and the helpless and those whose made mistakes, thankfully, because I’ve been all of those.

Sitting around waiting for something to happen almost guarantees nothing will happen. I got my qualifications and graduated college. As for my creative writing: I spent – and still spend – hours and hours creating and publishing my work. No one is going to knock on my door and offer those opportunities to me.

Women who are famous aren’t just lucky: they had to attend casting sessions and make it happen. Even Mariah Carey took that first step.

My advice to anyone: make small steps and you will climb mountains.

Yes! I got my library tech diploma after 3 yrs of hard work, because I went for it! I’m also working harder in my writing than before, and then I’ve got to figure out whether to self-publish or get help approaching publishers.

I’m also wanting there to be someone special, but we’ll see if that happens. I don’t think I’ll get everything I set my mind to in life, but many things are attainable. My motivation, the why, is more important than the thing, the what, I’m chasing, so I ask God for a selfless, joyful heart no matter whether I get the things I wanted it or not!

I think everyone needs a goal in life. These may be constantly changing but, not having one, means that you sit and vegitate and your health and wellbeing suffers.

Funny enough, that’s not found in the Bible. It has a good ring to it in that we shouldn’t sit on our bottoms when there are things to be done, but Ben Franklin probably didn’t mean that God will only help us if we’re on top of things. God cheers for the underdog and the helpless and those whose made mistakes, thankfully, because I’ve been all of those.

Actually the phrase can be traced back to ancient Greece to one of Aesops fables.

Never the less it has a good moral ie; we should not sit back and expect someone else to do the hard work for us , if we want to succeed it is up to us to work for it.

It goes to show the ways of the world, if a phrase we use today stems from ancient Greece and Aesops fables.

In this life, nothing is handed to someone on a plate. No: a person has to get it for themself. And it is much better to try and fall, than not try at all. Even if I were destroyed tomorrow, I’d still have today. And at least I could say I tried and gain credit for trying. Because we all have today: no matter who destroys us tomorrow.

2 users liked this post:

Having looked after many old people in my job Ive learned that the one thing we cannot do is go back and change the things we regret. So when you get the chance to do something go for it.

Those who sat back waiting for things to happen die with a long list of ‘if onlys’ some could die tomorrow and still have lived a life so full most people would need two lifetimes.

One man I still look after is 87 he served in Vietnam Not a good thing but he met his first love there. When he returned home to France he bacame part of the presidental bodyguard for De Gaulle, he represented France in the 4 man bobsled team and then he sailed yachts around the med with his partner for very rich and famous.  He is now alone, but oh boy what a life, what a story, I have no doubt if he had just sat back and waited none of these things would have happened.

You get one life, grab it with both hands and squeeze every last drop…

2 users liked this post:

And I am going to make it happen by re-learning my mathematics.

I write this because my workbook arrived today. I am very much looking forward to sitting down and working on it.

2 users liked this post:
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!