Do you have…

This topic contains 30 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  RebaOubre 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

I enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking and biking.

I guess my hobby is a little different as many people tell me they have a fear of doing what I actually enjoy doing now. Let me first say I have not always loved doing this and had major anxiety doing it. My hobby is speaking in public. Yes, I do that at many churches, schools, hospitals, and even at half time at sport events to large crowds. I speak on my Cancer Story as well as being a teen and having to be bald and bullying. I remember when I had to give a speech on a paper in front of my class before I got sick I was a nervous wreck. Now it just comes naturally for some reason.

1 member liked this post:

Good for you, Megan!  I have a hard enough time speaking to people one-on-one, much less to a crowd.  You’re an inspiration in more ways than you think.

Good for you, Megan! I have a hard enough time speaking to people one-on-one, much less to a crowd. You’re an inspiration in more ways than you think.

Thank You so much. Especially with bullying if I can reach one kid I feel that is an accomplishment.

It would be nice to be confident speaking in public, but I am glad you can Megan.

It would be nice to be confident speaking in public, but I am glad you can Megan.

It is nice and I have no idea where I got the confidence all of the sudden to do it because I didn’t always have it. I suppose I just felt my story had to be told so I told it and then I added the the struggles of being bald and bullying.

WoW that is fabulous testdummy. Very beautiful.

I think you’ve come far, Survivor, with those bullying days. I think that after bullying a person can find they lose their fear of people and public speaking. When you’ve gone through torture, you learn to fight back by speaking up and being assertive. Fear does depart after traumatic times. You have to suffer others sometimes to learn. I found this the hard way. We’re all fighters in the end: no matter after being branded a joke. And you are no joke.

An inspiring tale.

I think you’ve come far, Survivor, with those bullying days. I think that after bullying a person can find they lose their fear of people and public speaking. When you’ve gone through torture, you learn to fight back by speaking up and being assertive. Fear does depart after traumatic times. You have to suffer others sometimes to learn. I found this the hard way. We’re all fighters in the end: no matter after being branded a joke. And you are no joke. An inspiring tale.

Thank You, you know though growing up I wasn’t the one being bullied. I hated everything about it in Middle School and High School but always had a fear of speaking up against it. Now with all I have been through with Cancer and losing my hair an being a bald teen girl being stared at a lot I just felt it was important to speak out against it. It is weird how one thing that affects your life can change so many other aspects of your life as well.

WoW that is fabulous testdummy. Very beautiful.

Thank you, Rhonda

I suppose my most unique hobby is playing beer pong. 🙂

I had to look that one up Nicole. I have never seen beer pong played here, but I do remember teenagers larking about and throwing a ping pong ball into drinking glasses (with drink in) so I presume that was how it originated.

I had to look that one up Nicole. I have never seen beer pong played here, but I do remember teenagers larking about and throwing a ping pong ball into drinking glasses (with drink in) so I presume that was how it originated.

Yes indeed that is it. The more drunk you get the better the game becomes. 😆

😄

🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!