Do you use Twitter?

Female Forum Forums The Bulletin Board The Lab Do you use Twitter?

This topic contains 100 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  annelee 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 101 total)
  • Author

Well Chatterbox, I’m not sure about any of those! 😆 I know if you want to follow someone, you search their name (ie: Flutterby) at the top right where it says ‘find people’. Then you just type what you are doing in the box on your home page (i think that is where it is.). But. I’m warning you, you might get a few strange followers that are quite…umm…lets say ‘revealing’ 😆 You can just block them if you want! lol

Can anyone explain how you do the retweet thing. BASIC, basic, basic…. My understanding is that you simply put RT@FemaleForum ??? But umm… where do I do that…In my what am I doing box? AND my understanding is that it will show up on my tweet page like Flutterby’s?

Hey CB

Yup, you got it. You just start your message with RT then put the @username of the person you are retweeting and the message in your ‘what you are doing box’. Often the easiest way to do it (if it fits in the box) is to just copy the message you want to retweet, type in RT @username then paste the message.

Simple once you know, but impossible when you don’t!

Can anyone explain how you do the retweet thing. BASIC, basic, basic…. My understanding is that you simply put RT@FemaleForum ??? But umm… where do I do that…In my what am I doing box? AND my understanding is that it will show up on my tweet page like Flutterby’s?

Hey CB

Yup, you got it. You just start your message with RT then put the @username of the person you are retweeting and the message in your ‘what you are doing box’. Often the easiest way to do it (if it fits in the box) is to just copy the message you want to retweet, type in RT @username then paste the message.

Simple once you know, but impossible when you don’t!

Ah thank you Martin! I have to be honest and say I’ve been lost in Twitter over the last week. It’s extremely addictive but also a fantastic business tool. I shall keep RT’ing female forum now I know how. And the more following the more that see it yes?

Well Chatterbox, I’m not sure about any of those! 😆 I know if you want to follow someone, you search their name (ie: Flutterby) at the top right where it says ‘find people’. Then you just type what you are doing in the box on your home page (i think that is where it is.). But. I’m warning you, you might get a few strange followers that are quite…umm…lets say ‘revealing’ 😆 You can just block them if you want! lol

Thank you Flutterby…. and yes I’ve had a few very ‘unique’ persons following LMAO!! It’s funny cause I felt rude not returning their follow but I guess you get over that feeling LOL.

Been enjoying checking it out that’s for sure.

It’d be nice to see a different article pop up when you do a search for female forum. The rape article that appears alone could perhaps have the forum perceived incorrectly. Just MHO. 8-/

I will be on the lookout for you inn twitter now chatterbox, I agree it can be addictive once you get into it.

The more I use twitter the more I love it, just for the chance to tweet a thought that would be otherwise inappropriate to start a post out of.

Have had some crazy follows just lately.

It’d be nice to see a different article pop up when you do a search for female forum. The rape article that appears alone could perhaps have the forum perceived incorrectly. Just MHO. 8-/

Thanks for the suggestion – I just thought that was a shocking yet relevant news topic I read that day.

CB – Would you be interested in running the Female Forum twitter account in July? You’d have pretty much a free reign – you can follow new people and write about things that interest you. Then after July, we can give the keys over to another member.

What do you say??

ooh… the quote buttons have gone?

I did a search for you Kezflake but you didn’t come up. Thought perhaps you used a different username.

It is a very different way of communing hey. I really like it.

Martin: I too thought it was shocking and very relevant. Just that it was the only thing that came up from the search for female forum, so it perhaps looks as though the forum is a bit… umm.. I don’t know – perhaps ‘radical’? It was just a thought as I think its great to have it on there. I don’t know if you can choose what comes up in searches tho?

I’d love to do that Martin. Tis my ‘cup of tea’ LOL.

Its funny, I’ve completely forgotten about my account be had a new found love for it this morning. I don’t feel silly putting up all my little statements! lol.

Its so much more fun that updating your status on facebook! 😮 😆

And I finally realised the “@” application on twitter! Its very fun :).

Yeps Flutterby its a whole new way of doing things. Can’t beat this forum of course LOL 😉 But its very cool!

It’s great for me to be so much less verbose than normal LOL. Its enforced on Twitter HAHA!

It took me some time to figure out the @ application too and I still wasn’t to sure about the whole RT thing. Think I am getting addicted now I have got the hang of it a bit better.

Chatterbox I am under my real name kerry_owston but as I am following you already you should be able to find me under your followers. I only really use that user name now where I am an older member or if I cannot change it.

Oh Kerry LOL… I just recognised your avatar too! I shall make sure I follow you. TY for the follow hehehe

Am learning new stuff every time I go in and play with it. And learning the language! Tweeps, Tweet and I don’t feel like such a twit now LOL.

I love it! :cheese:

I don’t feel like such a twit now LOL.

I like the pun :cheese:

;-P

Hey ya Martin where do we go to do the setup for the hash thingie… you know like #women or #writers etc? I had it in my bookmarks but forgot to back them up before doing the reinstall the other day. Wanted to share it with Kez and can’t find it. :long:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 101 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!