Do you use Twitter?

Female Forum Forums The Bulletin Board The Lab Do you use Twitter?

This topic contains 100 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  annelee 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)
  • Author

There is no official ‘setup’ for hash tags (as far as I understand) – you just choose something that isn’t taken 🙂

It was made up by twitter users to make it easier to search for discussions about certain topics.

Thanks 🙂 Its ok I’ve already asked my net whizz OH just never gotten round to using them

oh oks, thanks… I thought I found something somewhere that allowed you to put in three different topics/words that would link to your posts using the hash, so they’d come up when tweeps did searches… maybe I’m remembering wrong and that’s why I can’t find it LOL %-P

Thanks 🙂 Its ok I’ve already asked my net whizz OH just never gotten round to using them

I want to know too LOL 😆

Sorry I took so long chatterbox

Well adding a # before a keyword search helps it to become more easy to find in a search eg #webdesign just pop it on the end of your tweet if their is room.

Or so I’m told anyway

There is no official ‘setup’ for hash tags (as far as I understand) – you just choose something that isn’t taken 🙂

It was made up by twitter users to make it easier to search for discussions about certain topics.

How do you mean you just choose something that isn’t taken? I think I must be missing something… again 😆

Let’s say you want to start a campaign highlighting the hardships of mothers with two heads. A hashtag of #mothersday might not be a good idea – as people would already be using that to mark tweets about ‘regular’ mothers days. You’d want to choose something a little more unique like #2headmothers.

Of course, when it comes to generic topics such as women’s issues, it doesn’t matter – you can just use a generic hashtag like #women.

Errrr…. does this help in any way?!?

hmm intresting topic

I get you now, quite helpful thank u 🙂

ah oks. Thank you both. I thought you had to set up your username to somehow connect to a particular #word. Cool – it’s simpler and easy than I thought.

I so don’t know where it was that I entered three words that would bring my account up in searches… :-S Came across it somewhere and lost the bookmark when I reinstalled. Don’t know that it made any difference anyway as the # does the same thing.

Thanks for enlightening me! :cheese:

Goodness, I’m going t have to take notes when it’s my turn with the twittering lol. So much to learn! 😆

Migth be an idea to have a twitter tips n tricks post

Good idea Kez.

Flutterby you’ll be fine with it. It’s like buttering bread once you get used to it, but it’s fun too, not work and I think you’ll really enjoy it. I’ll chat with you on there while you’re going so you won’t be on your own 🙂

and of course I will to, I think we were kind of getting a routine of doing that anyway not only that but seeing a twitter account with ppl having conversation seems to be getting rare and will be refreshing,plus gives a good impression of female I think.

I agree Kez! I have two accounts now, one that I quote from an ebook I’m writing and to get to know the people doing the same thing as me, and the chatterbox one that I started first to learn twitter). At first it was full of mostly advertising for finding followers or get rich quick schemes which nearly drove me insane because I was missing seeing the ones from the people I knew or wanted to get to know. I’d have to go to their pages to see what they were discussing. I’ve cleaned up my followers lists since then but still you’ll follow someone and end up getting flooded through some sort of RSS feed or something. There’s one on the female forum account that I’ve been considering not following. She posts quotes which is nice but unless you prompt her there’s really no engaging the followers. And that’s what its all about to me – engaging with others and getting to know them and what they do! So conversing with the others on there is wonderful.

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😆 That thing I was talking about that I couldn’t find LOL…. tis here: http://wefollow.com/

Not going insane afterall…. I was already there 😆 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!