Do You Watch Horror Films?

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Hobbies & Leisure Do You Watch Horror Films?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Personally, I steer well clear. I end up with nightmares for years after.

I used to watch horror movies, but stopped when the nightmares started. I cannot watch that type of genre AT ALL. I do – however – like the first and third “Hellraiser”. This is because I know the storyline and characters and don’t find them too frightening. But other horror films I avoid.

What about you guys? Do you watch horror?

not really,, I think the last one I watched was final destination which was sort of horror /comedy. I prefer detective and or sci fi..and a good comedy is great for lifting the spirit

nope. don’t like having the bejeezes scared out of me. i prefer comedies.

2 users liked this post:

Have private messaged you back as promised KitKatKitty!

I used to watch them far more in the past than I do now. There is a certain charm about the old fashioned ones that the current ‘shock at all costs’ type seem to have lost.

I used to own all of the final destination movies on dvd, not through choice- I was given them as a gift.

personally, they don’t interest me much. I did enjoy watching ” pannic button”, I think the story was well thought out.

I’ve also watched when a stranger calls. that one had me frozen to the chair by the end. the idea of a  killer babysitter is just…. oooooo

I prefer comedies these days myself, Marcilena. In fact, my favourite comedy films are:

1. Wayne’s World 1 & 2
    2. Naked Gun 2 1/2
    3. The Mask
    4. Dead And Loving It

I can’t think of any others ATM. But over to you!

my favorite commedy film has always been big daddy

the kangaroo sceen is just. lol I always feel so sorry for the dad. that kid would wind me up if I knew him

and the mcdonalds sceen too

I’ve seen the blood and gore horror movies, but they’re not my favorites.

For me, the creepiest movie was The Changeling, starring George C. Scott.  It came out in 1980.

Here’s a Wikipedia page about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Changeling_(film)

I noticed it’s available through Amazon.  I might watch it on Halloween.

I do love the first Hellraiser. BUT only because I know the characters and storyline off by heart. I’ve watched it millions of times now. And I still never get bored. However, that is one of the few horror films I watch.

Comedy is much, much better for me. I love these programmes (although they are not all comedies):

1. 2 Broke Girls
    2. Father Ted
    3. The Ghost Whisperer
    4. Alias
    5. Dark Angel
    6. Tru Calling
    7. Sheena
    8. Father Brown
    9. Charmed

I do love all these DVDs. They are EXCELLENT.

They are very dated but I do love The Addams Family (1960′).  I have the complete series DVD. A good comedy, if a littly corny, with a touch of horror!

They are very dated but I do love The Addams Family (1960′). I have the complete series DVD. A good comedy, if a littly corny, with a touch of horror!

Another totally corny and very dated film  but still good for a giggle is  Carry on screaming…1966

Oh, I forgot.  I’ve seen and enjoyed the weirdness of the American Horror Story series.  It can get pretty graphic as well.  For those who don’t know, it’s a series wherein each season is a mini-series.  The main actors return as different characters each season.  Some reprise their roles, as there is some crossover between seasons.  Some star one season, while supporting actors in the next.  Sometimes, new actors participate in only one season.  For example, Lady Gaga starred as the main character in the mini-series Hotel.  She wasn’t in any of the other seasons.  The usual returning actors are Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Sara Paulson, Angela Bassett, Billie Lourd, Gabourey Sidibe, and more.

I do love the first Hellraiser. BUT only because I know the characters and storyline off by heart. I’ve watched it millions of times now. And I still never get bored. However, that is one of the few horror films I watch.

Comedy is much, much better for me. I love these programmes (although they are not all comedies):

1. 2 Broke Girls
    2. Father Ted
    3. The Ghost Whisperer
    4. Alias
    5. Dark Angel
    6. Tru Calling
    7. Sheena
    8. Father Brown
    9. Charmed

I do love all these DVDs. They are EXCELLENT.

I do like mark williams (who plays father brown). he’s been in other stuff too (he’s in the indian doctor which I am currently watching), and for 3 series, he hosted an afternoon game show called the link which I was very good at. I should have applied. lol

1 member liked this post:

The Ninth Gate is one of the most terrifying horror films ever made. I won’t watch it but did see a trailer for it on YouTube. If you’ve got a strong stomach – and aren’t easily scared – you could/should watch this film. If you are easily spooked, I wouldn’t advise watching The Ninth Gate. Oh: it stars Johnny Depp. He has to be one of the best in the world of film.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!