Home » Topics » Category Related Discussion » Work & Careers » Don't bottle up your grievances!

Don't bottle up your grievances!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bab

As an HR assistant I just want to tell everyone who may be reading this to never bottle up any grievances you have at work. Most medium to large companies have HR departments made up of employees who are trained to address and resolve conflicts and grievances. Use them!

As long as you speak about any issues you have in a mature, professional way you will almost certainly come across sympathetic ears. Remember, a company is much happier when it has happy, loyal employees. No company wants to have unmotivated or upset workers – it is far more expensive for a business to hire and train a new employee than it is to retain an existing one. Use this knowledge to your advantage and ensure you are happy at work.

I definitely agree that you shouldn’t bottle up grievances as it can definitely affect your work. As a teacher, if I bottled everything up it would end up affecting the way I teach which in turn would damage the quality of the education the children were receiving from me.

That being said, there are some things that we cant change – namely government paperwork and targets!

I would never go to my HR department – they are all miserable and unapproachable. My company seems to think anyone with a grievance should be working elsewhere

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!