Ey up me duck!

Female Forum Forums Getting Started Introductions Ey up me duck!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone!

I’m new to the forum and just registered recently and I was looking for a ‘place’ where I could just chat with some women.

I’m from Poland but for last few years I’ve been living in UK, East Midlands to be more precise 🙂 that’s why my post is titled Ey up me Duck which is a common greeting over here.

I’m not sure what else to say as I’m not used to talk about myself much so hopefully you’ll know me better once I join some of the threads.

Thanks!

3 users liked this post:

Welcome to the forum.

I bet that accent took a bit of getting used to. Poland to the East Midlands it’s quite a jump how did you cope with it?

feel free to jump in anywhere and comment on anything here all the ladies are so wonderful and friendly you really will enjoy it here.

Greetings from Colorful Colorado, Matilda!  I must admit, as an American, I’ve never heard such a greeting before!  I’ve been able to navigate country-specific idioms before, but that one had me stumped.

I’m sure you will find plenty to chat about.  We’re a pretty nice, diverse group of ladies here.  I look forward to getting to know you.

Welcome to the forum from not so sunny Scotland.

Just jump in where you feel like a post is needed.

I look forward to hearing your views and comments

Rowena

Hi Matilda, welcome to the forum.

It’s not often I hear that saying but I probably hear it far more than anyone else here. It’s East Midlands but not Lincolnshire, where I live, as far as I know. I’m with Cassandra on this, broad accents take a lot of understanding. As an example, being close to Yorkshire I often see things written in a Yorkshire accent and, being able to understand in the main because it is similar to Lincolnshire, as least some parts, I do wonder how many just look at the words with bewilderment. I love local accents 🙂

Still I digress! I am happy to meet you and look forward to your company.

1 member liked this post:

I am also happy to meet you! I live in Northamptonshire in Britain and have done so most of my life, so I’m used to the accent. I rather like the accent! I tend to talk very much like that myself. I am sure you’ll grow accustomed to it.

Northamptonshire is a beautiful part of the world, I must say. I love the whole countryside and transport access links: the bus service in Northamptonshire is excellent. This includes villages, as well as market towns and Northampton itself. I couldn’t live anywhere else.

Anyhow, welcome here!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!