Facebook unfriended

This topic contains 16 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  DreamyJ 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Social media is ever so popular, ..and yes, facebook use among the friendly and no so friendly is thriving. Have you ever been defriended by more than a casual acquaintance? Were you still social with that person or did you hold a grudge?

I once have been defriended by a college acquaintance over differing political views. Bummmer….

However, that being said, I usually enjoy the usage of social media for networking and keeping up with the world.

On the flip side of that, have you ever defriended somebody from your site? What is the etiquette on that? Did it just roll off the keyboard, or did you have qualms about it?

The only people I ever unfriend on purpose are creepy guys who stalk me because I’m single.

I did however just lose a friendship of over 30 because the guy’s wife hacked his FB account and assumed I was some tart and that he was having an affair. She was completely out of line in her behavior and was sending me harassing IMs. So I reported his account and blocked it after I told her to tell her husband our 30 year friendship was over because I can’t be friends with anyone whose wives are shady, sneaky, and psycho.

I have an update since my first posting…

The guy disappeared after the incident. Then about two weeks ago he pops back up under a new profile. He sent me a friend request but I refused it, especially after I looked a saw that he was up to his old ways. Every single person on the new profile on his friends list were young females. He’s probably still married too, but not disclosing. Yeah, we were friends but he’s a creep and I’m not looking to get caught in Round 2 of his issues with his wife.

Since then I have been caught up in a bit of drama on Facebook. For some strange reason women, especially married women see me as a threat because I’m single. I’ve removed myself or been removed from 2 groups because the women (Married) were insensative to my feelings. It bugged me that they would always trash talk their husbands and act like being single is some kind of a disease. The things they would say to me were simply horrible and i pointed out to them that just because they are hormonal doesn’t give them the right to be nasty to other women or to their husbands and if they really thouight their husbands were all that bad then that they should remember there are plenty of single decent women that would be happy to have them. Of course this did not go over too well.

Thankfully, I found my way back to a group of women who are much more open minded and supportive and I’m happy and feel more secure. Talking about certain issues can be extremely hard, and i realized that not only was I letting people i didn’t even know stress me out, but they were projecting all on their insecurities on me, which is really unfair. I have nothing against married people or coupled people, but I am a big believer in the sacredness of relationships and would never, intentionally or unintentionally, do anything to come between people. Unfortunately, most females do not understand this, they see or hear the word single and suddenly I’m a threat. That’s not my issue that’s theirs. I used to get so stressed about not having what they had, but since i cut these ladies loose, I am so much more comfortable and do not apologise. Hopefully my time will come eventually and if not, I’ll just have to refocus on new priorities. I’m not in a hurry and i’m not settling for less than what I deserve.

I’m guessing everyone has different reasons. When people unfriend me, it’s because I’m not their “cup of tea”. I unfriend people if they just can’t keep it real. Whatever the case may be, the fact is, you don’t need everybody on your profile. Just the people you know are good for you

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!