fears and phobias?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  SpinningJen 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

does anyone have any

mine are:

1. being told I smell (I suffer badly with incontinence, and wouldn’t want people to notice and tell me) as I feel I do all I can to keep clean

heights (wouldn’t  get on a roler coaster, climb a hill, go on the london eye etc)

lifts (because they are too small)

most bugs

running out of something I need (food, water, etc)

death (to an extent)

biggish crowds

deep water

I know it’s odd, but I don’t have any.  Like you, Emily, I do dislike large crowds, but I’m not afraid of them.

Heights mainly. I do have momentary fears of other things but tend to overcome them quickly.

Nothing really.. I have a good healthy respect for many things including heights but Im not afraid or phobic about anything..

I even manage my worst fear..the dentist by means of meditation ..

at cassandra: I fear the dentist too!. not been in a long time

at cassandra: I fear the dentist too!. not been in a long time

I had to go last month.. I had an infection and needed root canal work.. two visits each lasting an hour..No pain relief  but I was fine and my tooth is as good as new.

Mind you I must say I have a dentist who is super good wastes no time and no chitty chatty he just gets in and gets the job done.

It won’t happen, but my worst fear is being faced by a T-Rex. That Tyrannosaurus-rex is my worst nightmare. I am freaked out completely by Jurassic Park.

My other fear is the plane dropping out of the sky. Again – it won’t happen – but that is what I fear. It’s odd because I have been flying my whole life. Yet I still imagine the airplane dropping.

It won’t happen, but my worst fear is being faced by a T-Rex. That Tyrannosaurus-rex is my worst nightmare. I am freaked out completely by Jurassic Park.

My other fear is the plane dropping out of the sky. Again – it won’t happen – but that is what I fear. It’s odd because I have been flying my whole life. Yet I still imagine the airplane dropping.

Well as you say you know the T-Rex wont happen the plane is a logical fear though..

After all you have no control and it is illogical that a thing weighing as much as a plane does can actually get airborne and stay there. But on the other hand you know the science that makes it possible and that flying is safer than driving a car!

I understand your fears better than those of people who are phobic about dandilions but no other flower or hair clips or rainbows  that just has no logic …

I forgot to mention my intense fear of gloves

and masks

and that doesn’t help me during this current time lol

I forgot to mention my intense fear of gloves

and masks

and that doesn’t help me during this current time lol

People wearing masks is making things a bit strange now as, instead of just glancing, we now look more to read someones eyes to sum them up. In a way it’s more invasive.

millepedes

I am not keen on earwigs since being nipped by one when I was little. It was on the sheets on my brother’s pram and he is only 4 years younger than me but I still have a vivid memory and could take you to exactly the place so it shows how much it impacted on my mind. I am not afraid of them though.

I don’t fear spiders, though: weird but true. I wouldn’t feel comfortable if there were a large spider in the room: but I wouldn’t panic or get too scared. I’d put him/her into a bug catcher and then release him/her.

This is because spiders have a right to be here: on this planet. AND they do good for the insect population. I NEVER kill any spider.

I’m not afraid of spiders either

when someone asks  me for an interesting fact about me, it’s what I say: I’m not scared of spiders.

always thought it a unique fact about me

We tend to leave them to get on in our house. It’s just the webs which are irritating. They can keep lots of the other pests down. The irritating one was a big one in the bedroom which I heard walking across the ceiling above me, then it fell on me and I felt it through the blankets. I am sorry to say that it got evicted, although maybe came into the house again later. They know where it is comfy lol

1 member liked this post:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!