fears and phobias?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  SpinningJen 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

You must’ve seriously jumped when that spider fell onto your blanket! I do feel glad you evicted it: rather than killed it. I write this because spiders do have a right to be here (although not in your bed). They control the insect population and do good work. Their cobwebs are a little annoying BUT they are intricate works of art. Spiders – when seen by microscopic photography – look incredible. You will have to Google images of spiders to see what I mean.

Anyhow, my best friend had a massive black spider walk out from under the sofa the other day. She freaked! It must’ve been terrifying for her. She really fears spiders. Basically, what I am saying is, if a spider does appear don’t kill it: put it outside. Because they are important creatures and mean humans no harm [aside from the dangerous ones in Australia].

1 member liked this post:

Yes Kitty, I did jump a bit but I knew it was there so less of a shock. I don’t mind being in the same room as them, as long as they keep to themselves. Funnily, it’s the tiny zebra striped ones that jump which are more scary if anything because of the way they suddenly jump.

http://www.jasonsteelwildlifephotography.yolasite.com/spiders-3.php

I remember our previous next door neighbour coming round one time, wanting a spider moving out of her living room as she was afraid to go into the room where it was. I presume her children removed any when they grew as we have lots where we are.

that 1 day I will wake up and have no online friends left. I’ll be completely abandoned

I remember one of the ladies I worked with had a fear of mice, her cat bought one in and dropped it on the floor still half alive she panicked jumped on a table, the table broke she landed on her back and ended up in hospital for 3 days. Then she wouldnt go home until she was convinced there was no residue of mouse left behind!

1 member liked this post:

A friend told me about a former coworker of his who feared mice.  She had children and didn’t keep her car very clean.  So, a mouse got into her car to get at probable food scraps on her floorboard.  While driving to work, the mouse made an appearance.  Apparently, her fear of mice was so great that she sprang from the car while it was still in motion!  Luckily, the car didn’t go into oncoming traffic and wound up in the ditch.  She managed to not get run over by cars behind her and wasn’t seriously injured, either.

I can’t imagine being so afraid of something that I would exit a moving vehicle to escape it…unless it was a firearm pointed at me.

I don’t have a fear of mice, as such, but more of the damage they do. Quite a few years back now we had an infestation in the garage. I didn’t worry too much until the mice decided to nibble through the car window washer feed pipe causing a leak. They were soon sorted after that as I worried in case they nibbled the wiring next. In similar ways it really pushed us in the house too when we had some there. I heard one when going to sleep one night eating into a bag of popcorn which was stored in the bedroom (away from the kids). It didn’t frighten me but the next day brough a concerted effort to remove them. I actually find it very funny to picture the mouse sat up eating popcorn but I am someone who hears every sound and wonders what it is.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!