FF Needs More Members!

Female Forum Forums The Bulletin Board The Lab FF Needs More Members!

This topic contains 40 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Lindylo 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Any suggestions as to how we can up the amount of ladies on here?

I have noticed there are a lot of you from USA on here so maybe more from where I’m from… UK? Because of different world times – I’m usually posting and waiting for answers when all you ”fello Americans” are tucked up in bed and vice-versa 🙂

Any ideas or if anyone wants to promote FF, that would be awesome x

Hi jess
    Yes Im normally on line between 7and 8 am C.E.T which means I see all the stuff people have written the night before..

At the moment there are a few regular posters who are away for personal reasons and stuff they will be back ASAP..
    But every morning I do look at the ‘ghosts’ as I call them the members who sign up and never post or post once and then leave..
    I do wonder what is is we’ve said that frightend them off.. I wonder if they are looking for a certain type of chat/forum and just what that is?

If you’ve got some ideas please post them or maybe contact Martin hes the brains round here. ( dont tell him I said that!)

What time is it with you right now? It’s 11.15 in the morning over in sunny Surrey!

Yes I’ve noticed that… maybe they just think its a quick and easy way to get another girl’s opinion whilst remaining ANNON? Or maybe they can’t handle the truth we give them 😉

The only reason why I am on here Mon – Thurs (on and off) 9 – 5 is because my job is very dull and my Boss comes and goes as he pleases and therefore, so does the work for me… I can’t tell him that though.

No doubt I won’t have to say anything to M as he’ll read this when he wakes up lol. I was wondering… when I get a notification through to my email/blackberry saying someone has replied to a post i’ve posted on or created, are there any quicker ways of heading to that post as I usually go forums > scroll down and hope / try and remember what it was I posted on recently?

Im an hour ahead of you Jess so its now 12,24 here.

You can just click on the View new posts option at the top of the page or view the thread via your email..

Hope that helps..
    The joys of being faceless on the internet! Oh yes the freedom to spill ones dirty laundry is very therapeutic but lets face it there are very few of us who would do it in front of friends and I bet that same embarrassment haunts people when they do it on forums. I cant say I blame them..
    But this is the one forum Ive been to without cat fights and backbiting its like a little haven of peace!! ;-P

I left two forums before joining here I was called names for my pacifist views and laughed at for my concerns on animal cruelty, enough reason for me to say goodbye.. :coolmad:
    But some people thrive on that negative energy so maybe that’s what they look for and leave when they see that they wont get it here?

And now I have to love and leave you Im off to work.. Goodness knows what the old lady has in store for me today, shes off on a trip so I expect I will be helping to pack her suitcase!

Thanks for the help ♥

Hm, now see the only reason I have resorted to FF is because my friends are sick of hearing my on off man troubles. We’ve been getting on fine for a while now and I feel there is no need in saying this to them because they just turn around and give he kinda ‘you wait he will **** you over soon!’ But I want to proove them and myself wrong.

Yes I’ve noticed that – no matter how much you give your own opinion, it is appreciated and no one seems to throw their toys out the pram?

I will pretend to know what you do for a living… let me know later on no doubt 😉 TTFN

are there any quicker ways of heading to that post as I usually go forums > scroll down and hope / try and remember what it was I posted on recently?

There should be a link right in that email that links you directly to the new post.

But yeah, I’m not sure why there isn’t more activity here. There are plenty of members, but only a tiny fraction post regularly.

LURKERS: Please feel free to jump in and post post post! Don’t you like hearing the sound of your own typing? 🙂

Jess

We’re a pretty small community, which is a good thing as it means we can all get to know each other. That being said, getting members that have registered active and posting can sometimes be a challenge.

We do have a Facebook Fan Page that you can join, to help spread the word:

http://www.facebook.com/femaleforum

Oh, and I have just noticed our page isn’t being updated with out editorial articles. Something for me to add to the list.

If you have a blog or website, you can also add one of our badges via:

https://www.femaleforum.com/badges

Other than that, it helps when members keep an eye on the ‘Introductions’ forum and welcome new members and ask them questions to encourage them to get active.

But every morning I do look at the ‘ghosts’ as I call them the members who sign up and never post or post once and then leave..
    I do wonder what is is we’ve said that frightend them off.. I wonder if they are looking for a certain type of chat/forum and just what that is?

If you solve that mystery, let me know. LOL! I just don’t get why people sign up for something where you can read everything anonymously and then don’t post. Why sign up, then? It seems pretty typical, though, happening on all the sites I’m on.

Getting people to post is tough. There are so many demands on attention these days. And a lot of people who might have used a forum in the past got sucked into Facebook. 🙁 I don’t have any answers but I can be some company for the misery. 😉

Michelle

I found this site by doing what was mentioned above. I signed up for all the female sites I found, most of them turning out to be something for Bi women, until I found the one I really liked, being this one. This one I picked b/c it was fairly newer IMO seeing it didn’t have too many users yet. So with that helping my decision I chose to join and grow with you all.

Ah hah! I am brand new and love the idea of a place where I can go to ask the questions, I dont dare to even ask the good friends or the husband.

I live in Europe so I fully support the notion of getting more Euro women into the boat. I will spread the word, and of course, the FB tip is a good one. Quite a few friends of mine find the net more exciting than the dog or the TV!! Thank god!

Women are not the full forum users yet, but sites like this will get them happy and excited I am sure.

Long live FF!

Welcome, bayswimmer 🙂 I know what you mean about being able to ask things sort of anonymously. I have a couple questions I’m trying to work up the nerve to post. LOL!

Michelle

I would do the FB thing seeing I have 500 friends, but then everyone would find me here. :/ Not what I want. Suggestions?

I glad that people are still finding FF and enjoying it for the community it is..

Ive been here a while and even though I have posted some more personal and quite sensitive subjects I have never felt that these would be dragged up or used to ridicule me in any way.
    I think that trust is a very important thing and I think there is a lot of trust here between members.

So keep posting ladies, feel free to express your opinions and keep the discussions alive ;-P

Hi guys,

i was just thinking maybe make FF go physical instead just online, you can make these meetings where people who come from the same area or country can get to meet and discuss issues, face to face, in that way, there will be adverts, hence the popularity!
    then if it goes so well with that, members may start visiting other in each country, it all depends with how we plan,

ladies, who’s up for this?

Hi guys,

i was just thinking maybe make FF go physical instead just online, you can make these meetings where people who come from the same area or country can get to meet and discuss issues, face to face, in that way, there will be adverts, hence the popularity!
    then if it goes so well with that, members may start visiting other in each country, it all depends with how we plan,

ladies, who’s up for this?

Great idea! If I can be of any help organising such a thing, let me know. Perhaps first we need to gather the names and locations of those interested to see if we have any groups of people close enough together.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!