FF Needs More Members!

Female Forum Forums The Bulletin Board The Lab FF Needs More Members!

This topic contains 40 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Lindylo 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Failing real life meets..What about this ?
    I belong to a pet forum …They do a card exchange each month..
    People who want to join in PM their home address to the rep in charge and she picks pairs out of the hat ..You musnt tell the person your card is coming and you can only send photos letters or greetings cards..
    Its a nice inexpensive way to get to know members better, makes for a closer community and it just makes a change to get personal mail instead of more bills..

Jo

one reason could be that it doesn’t show up in google when you look for “women’s forum” or “girl’s forum”…if it does, it’s not on the first 3 pages. it took me quite a while to come up with “female forum” to search for after I thought about the different ways how you can name such a forum but before I came up with this one there were many other thoughts.

CELEBRATION in my opinion 🙂 When I go to google and search for female forum it shows up on the first page. Way to go FF!

Oddly enough, I recognise no-one from this thread, as being here about since I joined. apart from Martin.

I have noticed that there are lots and lots of views on fairly new threads that have only a few posts.

Suggesting, surely, that there are plenty of non posting viewers coming to look?

What can we do to….

1) Attract more members?
    2) Keep the members we have active?

I doubt if there is a simple answer.

I would give the site criticism if I could see reason for any, I really would. But using the site is not difficult, and how to reply to posts is more obvious here than anywhere else I can recall.

All the users I have seen are friendly enough. I have never seen a post moderated or arguments break out. Nor is it a wet site, people do have opinions.

Might be good if SG had a sister?

LOL! I could say the same about you, too!

I think we’ve got a fab community here – maybe that’s because we’re small.

Quality over quantity!

LOL! I could say the same about you, too!

I think we’ve got a fab community here – maybe that’s because we’re small.

Quality over quantity!

Thanks, that is rather flattering as I have only just got here. 🙂

I can’t disagree about the quality over quantity, but the forum is very dependent on just a few people, and that can’t be healthy.

For example

Who is back up forum operator to you?

It does need more members, we cannot expect you to be always there and likewise we cannot have to rely on SG to keep threads alive and to come up with new ones.

Stars though you both are. 🙂

What can we do to….

1) Attract more members?
    2) Keep the members we have active?

Actually, I do have an idea.

Have you considered an “exit poll”

Simply emailing those who used to be regulars eg 1000 posts or more and ask them why they stopped coming or posting?

That might be a good idea. I have been worrying about Caz since she was a huge member here and then kind of disappeared overnight.

Also before you ask, I’ll not be asking my sister on here! She’d drive everyone away! 😛

And Jim….I’m hoping that everything went okay for them, he was finishing up his chemo at that time.

Ja I have been concerned about Jim too and LC. I know Jelly had access to LadyCaz and Jim and I do believe he tried to make contact but never managed to reach them.

Ja I have been concerned about Jim too and LC. I know Jelly had access to LadyCaz and Jim and I do believe he tried to make contact but never managed to reach them.

Speaking of which, what is the back up plan?

If I come online and there is no ff do I assume:

That Martin has turned it off.

It broke and it will be back again one day

That if it doesn’t I will never hear from any of you ever again

Surely we have some plan B?

I doubt that would ever happen, however…. I am sure Martin would notify us should he decide to make that call well in advance … he has access to our mail I would imagine.

Well, I know nuffink about this sort of stuff.

But if it is run off his own server and that goes toes up………

I used to be on a relatively small forum and it had a backup Yahoo site. If it went down, which it did 3 or 4 times a year, thus problems were announced on the yahoo site.

They also lost 3 years worth of posts and members, these were never found, so if it had not been for the yahoo site, these people would never have known anything.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!