Film/ netflix / box set / recommendations?

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Hobbies & Leisure Film/ netflix / box set / recommendations?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Obviously with the lockdown a lot of Tv schedules have been altered and we find ourselves faced with gloomy news bulletins hour after hour so lets share our top tips or hot flop for alternative viewing.

Ive looked through netflix and OMG there is a lot of really lame stuff around.

But I did enjoy  the series the Bletchley circle and The Bletchley circle San Franscico. A good female led crime series set in the late 1940s and early 1950s about ladies who after serving their country as code crackers in top secret Bletchley park during the war are expected to return to being housewives and typists, instead they take on a serial killer using their code cracking skills to help them track him down.

If thats not your bag how about the OA… kidnapped and held prisoner a blind girl regains her sight and freedom and  says shes seen another dimension but is it true or is she just traumatised???

“Alias: Season 1” is great!

Also:

1. Sheena
    2. Tru Calling
    3. Downton Abbey
    4. Dark Angel Seasons 1 and 2
    5. Charmed Season 1
    6. Walker, Texas Ranger
    7. 2 Broke Girls

Just a few ideas

Attachments:

@kitkatkitty I remember watching charmed with my daughter she really loved it.

I thought Lucifer was a bit of a laugh too. TomEllis who plays Lucifer Morningstar  is just so camp its hilarious.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  cassandra.

I liked the Bletchley Circle but never really got into The Bletchley Circle San Fransisco. The original was something I could identify with as I was always into codes and numbers so had great interest in the codes and things of the past. I don’t often enter competitions but remember the last I entered was one on code breaking a good few years ago. I didn’t win but did get the right answers. I felt like I maybe cheated a bit though as I programmed my computer to crack the codes lol. Yes a role which I could dream of me being in in WWII.

We don’t subscribe to any additional ‘Boxset’ providers but, with a bit of searching, there are many other ways. I sometimes look to YouTube on the computer for old programs from my past. It is surprising what is there, but quality is not always good. Over the years though, we have accumulated stacks of DVD box sets so are not short. Things like ‘Only Fools and Horses’ or ‘Fawlty Towers’ come to mind, and I have even got a set of ‘Monty Python’s Flying Circus’ – something I have not watched for years.

1 member liked this post:

OH loves watching old shaows on youtube.. please sir , on the busses, and one foot in the grave were some he was watching recently.

I know we have the complete series of Red Dwarf somewhere…will have to look it out..

Im now watching Homeland on netflix. Im not keen on army or military stuff but I like the quirky lead  in it.

Red Dwarf was brilliant, cassandra: I looked forward to watching every episode on my dad’s TV after school. It always made me feel sad when each episode ended. As soon as I heard the ending credits, I’d be upset. As for Charmed: it is an old favourite and a true classic. They still show the programmes on TV, even today. But I do think they dragged it out near the end of the last season. Perhaps they should’ve gotten rid of some characters and ended filming. I do believe the first season is the best season of the show.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!