Home » Topics » General Discussion » General Chat » Finally Sorted My Bookshelf

Finally Sorted My Bookshelf

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

It’s good that we are all different apartment living is not for me.

I hate being too close to other people I don’t like shared spaces, shared corridors, shared stairwells and  shared gardens are my absolute living nightmare.

I think clutter depends on the person I know people who live in small apartments who have got more clutter than I do in my house I know people who live in houses who just use the extra rooms to store their clutter I think it depends on the person.

As for being out and about we spend a lot of time each day exploring our province it’s a beautiful place to live and it’s constantly changing that’s one thing I love about living in the country you really see the seasons change not just in shop windows.

what’s the shops reopen I do want to buy some new picnic beakers and new picnic plates so that when we go out on our adventures we can drink our tea and have our sandwiches from  nice crockery.

I don’t like the idea of an apartment either. It’s only a small house that we have but it is good to have some isolation from the hustle and bustle of others. I think that most of my life living in the country makes me feel this way. The neighbours are friendly and we seldom trip over each other.

If I had the money, I’d travel over a lot of the world. Probably not the hottest and most humid places, though. I could take the spots that have about 25C as the their top temp. 😉

But even without money, I can explore through video and books, to know about other cultures and reach out to folks online. And definitely in-person locally! 🙂

You’re a woman after my own heart, Rebecca! I love travelling. In fact, these are the places I’ve been to:

1. Lanzarote
    2. Greece
    3. Sweden
    4. Spain
    5. Ireland
    6. Wales
    7. Devon
    8. Oxford
    9. Buckingham
    10. London
    11. Birmingham

I’ve been around the mill. I do love travelling. In fact, I shall be travelling this year: that is my goal and my dream. I shall travel by train, airplane, bus and car. Boredom doesn’t live here.

Add Canada to the list of places yet to go! Only issue is that it’s a large country, so you wouldn’t be likely to see it all in one trip. If you get to the Rockies, though, you’re a lot closer to my area. 🙂

Do you all have a similar dream, after COVID-19 has locked down the world? Because the coronavirus has made a lot of people realize they’ve only got one life: and need to make the most of their short time on this beautiful planet.

[/quote]

I used to want to travel but because my husband is ill I know that cant happen.. Still I have dont a couple of virtual tours.. Theres a lovely one of Macchu Piccu..

I was shocked to see the tourist tat and the car parks at the valley of the Kings though.

In my own country there is still a lot to see so I will carry on with our day trips spotting nature and enjoying the natural world around us.

I love the countryside and nature in general, cassandra. I love walking through fields and woods: especially in summertime. I also love walking by ponds, rivers and lakes. Nature is truly beautiful. I feel at peace in the countryside air.

I shall be cleaning as usual later today. I put on a load of laundry this morning. I am also airing out my apartment.

I keep busy!

And I spent well over an hour cleaning. I cleaned my bathroom and kitchen. I took out the rubbish & recycling. I hoovered and put on a second load of laundry. I have also dusted and just sorted my apartment out.

I feel much better knowing it’s done. Because – as you all know – I hate dirt and mess. I shall continue to be a Clean Queen.

The other evening I took out everything in my kitchen cupboards. I cleaned the cupboards, threw out unwanted items and re-organized items that were kept. I now have neat & tidy kitchen cupboards.

I also cleared out and cleaned my shoe & handbag closet a number of weeks ago. I have re-folded blankets and bedsheets in another cupboard recently, too.

I am definitely a clean queen!

My pantry closet could use a good cleaning-out to make sure there are no expired goods in it!

[quote quote=229481]My pantry closet could use a good cleaning-out to make sure there are no expired goods in it!

[/quote]
    That’s something which I try to do regularly but some expired things always seem to escape lol. It’s then a decision as to whether they are still safe to eat as many things are. The worst I remember though was a small can of something. It had blown up like a ball so that went, with great care as it must have took some internal pressure to blow the can up like that.

[quote quote=229488]

My pantry closet could use a good cleaning-out to make sure there are no expired goods in it!

That’s something which I try to do regularly but some expired things always seem to escape lol. It’s then a decision as to whether they are still safe to eat as many things are. The worst I remember though was a small can of something. It had blown up like a ball so that went, with great care as it must have took some internal pressure to blow the can up like that.

[/quote]

Yikes!

I’ve been doing spring cleaning these past few weeks. On Wednesday, I did spring cleaning here in the den. We have book shelves on the wall, so I finally got around the cleaning each shelf, and organizing the books. I also have books on shelves in the living room too. When I feel I have way too many books, I go through them, and donate what I no longer want to keep.

I love collecting free books – either library discards or neighbourhood free boxes. I need to read more of what I collect, though, or they’ll just be a dust trap…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!