Friends Forever

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cassandra 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

My best friend Frances shall always be my best friend. I will always be there for her and vice versa. I won’t lose contact, if I ever move away. My other best friend Vicky, I shall also always be best friends with. I am a loyal person and care about all my friends. I refuse to lose these friendships.

What about YOUR friendships? Do you have forever friends?

I am like a ship that passes in the night.. Its nice while it lasts but when people (or I) decide to move on then its a fond farewell and off they go.

I have no problem with this and if at some time I run into them again we can just pick up where we left off. I seldom end friendships badly although there have been one or two toxic people who had to be firmly told never to darken my door again.

A few days ago someone we havent seen for about 6 years knocked at the door,  he had  bike trouble and didnt know where else to go.. No problem,  OH helped out by fixing the bike while he stood at a safe distance and  we exchanged greetings,  again at a distance before waving him on his way. No idea if or when we will see him again but hes always welcome.

I know people think you need people in your life but for me it works to have this transient style of friendships.

I can see your perspective, cassandra. People do come and go and it is impossible sometimes to find a long lasting bond.

In my life friends have come and gone, yet Frances and Vicky remain by my side. That kind of bond can’t be faked or forced. I also had a strong bond with my best friend, Michael. Of course of which you know I lost to his dementia. Losing a friend like that is heartbreaking.

Anyhow, people – again – do come and go. But – sometimes – we can find connections where and when we don’t expect.

I think it’s really special when people can maintain friendships forever, it takes really hard work to do that. I personally have never had much luck with maintaining long term friendships. I have a cousin who has had a best friend for over 50 years, they fight like sisters, makeup and start all over again.

I suppose I just put up with those difficult times with friends and stick by them. I don’t let them walk all over me, but I am very loyal and put in a lot of effort to telephone them, meet up with them, offer them emotional support, etc.

Getting along with people can take super-human effort sometimes, but the world is filled with people and getting along with them is deeply important. And I need those connections with my friends and family. I really try harder these days to get along with friends and the rest of the human race. Of course, I am not perfect but I am always there for people. But people ARE hard work. Still, that’s the nature of life.

A wonderful man – Nick – has made contact again. We are now in regular touch. We get along like a house on fire! It is so nice to have him back in my life. Nick is a ray of sunshine.

My other best friend – Frances and myself – are still in contact. We always will be. Frances is a good person: I shall always be there for her.

1 member liked this post:

I’m a firm believer in the saying that most girls learn at a young age: “Men come and go, but friends are for life”.

This is why a woman should never put a partner before a friend.

There’s nothing stronger than a female friendship.

I’m a firm believer in the saying that most girls learn at a young age: “Men come and go, but friends are for life”.

This is why a woman should never put a partner before a friend.

There’s nothing stronger than a female friendship.

A cliche a nice one but a cliche.  friends are friends they come and go loyal ones stay regardless.

The fact is that when you make a commitment to marry your one, your only, and your shining light should be your partner. Friends are great but a life commitment is a far more serious thing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!