Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar…..

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Health & Diet Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar…..

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kiwi 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Don’t know about you guys, but I love balsamic. I use it mainly as a salad dressing with olive oil, on focaccia bread and Franco cooks with it on occasion.

However, did you know that balsamic has quite a few health benefits…. so it’s not only very yummy 😆

Here are a few benefits:

Prevents overeating – actually can suppress your appetite (mmmm, that I am not sure of, lorie once I start I cannot stop!)

Is a rich source of potassium, manganese, calcium and iron…. so also helps to strengthen bone.

Balsamic vinegar is low in fat, cholesterol, and sodium.

Promotes blood regulation.

So, if you ain’t using it, why not!

I love that on a salad,very yummy 🙂

I love balsamic – we use one with pomegranate extract. Love it.

Isn’t vinegar also good for you if used as a marinade for red meat? Something about it breaking down the toxins or something…

I’ve heard vinegar supposedly tenderizes meat!

No sure on that one Martin.

I have never used it before. What does it taste like? Do you apply it to the salad by itself?

I sprinkle it on salad, yes – mix it with olive oil and that’s all you need.

I only use balsamic on my salads…(plus a little sprinkle of salt and pepper and sprinkle of fresh herbs) I find it the tastier and healthier option for salads.

I was making a chicken dish for dinner tonight and thought about adding balsamic…

Anyone have any recipes using balsamic?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!