Healthy Pregnancy

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cassandra 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I’m starting this chat because I’m 39 years old and found out that I’m 10 weeks pregnant a couple of weeks ago, after years of thinking I couldn’t get pregnant because of endometriosis.  The worst of the first trimester (nausea, cravings for horribly unhealthy food, sleepy all day, feeling slightly down) now seem to be behind me.  So I just wanted to see if there are other moms to be or moms who have been where I am, and to see if we could get a chat going on advice on having a healthy baby.

I’ll start by talking about some of the things I’ve been doing to try to make sure our baby is healthy ~

Exercising daily and doing yoga (now without twists and pressure on the belly) – I’m a yoga teacher so I luckily have a lot of instruction on pre-natal yoga

Taking a pre-natal vitamin, including methylated folic acid and B12, because methylation issues with B vitamins run in my family which can lead to birth defects

Progesterone suppositories for the first 12 weeks because hormone imbalance related to endo can make it harder for the baby to stay

An herb from my acupuncturist that also makes it more likely for the baby to stay

Making a few last efforts to heal any unresolved issues relating to my own inner-child so that I can be a better mom, and a better listener for my own actual child

That’s all I can think of for now. I’d love to hear what is or what has helped you!

Big thanks for being part of this chat!

~El

3 users liked this post:

Congratulations! I’m glad you’re past the worst part of the pregnancy. Now you can focus on pampering yourself and enjoying that little angel growing inside of you.

You have excellent suggestions. I would also suggest maybe;

swimming/aquatic exercises as well as gentle walking,

keeping up your fluids/graze on fruit throughout the day,

still get all the rest you need, and most importantly,

try to avoid stress or at least deal with problems as calmly as possible. When we get stressed, our body releases adrenaline and the baby is affected.

🙂

Congratulations!

It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I think Daisy’s comment about avoiding stress is important. In my opinion the atmospere now can make quite a difference to things after the birth too.

1 member liked this post:

Congratulations.. I had all mine while I was young but I will say keeping fit makes for a much easier delivery and recovery.. It sounds as if you already know that and are doing everything right.

Enjoy your pregnancy and your new role as mum. Which is the most important job in the world.

1 member liked this post:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!