Hi

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  kiwi 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hello! I’m new to forums as well. I think its interesting to “meet” and chat with people from different places and with different interests and backgrounds.

I’m 40 years old, love movies and books and occasional hiking (when i get the chance). I’m currently working on my CPA designation here in Canada while working in audit. So you can imagine all the hair-pulling i occasionally do 🙂

i think this is a fun place and i’m looking forward to conversations of shared and new interests.

1 member liked this post:

Hi Leda

Welcome 🙂

I have only been here a short while too. I love the outdoors and like to get out into the countryside on my bicycle. I am a bit put off by the weather at the moment though as it is damp and cold here.

My son has recently trained as an accountant, which took a few years. As the training was a post graduate position in a city not too far away he moved there so I know little of the work he put into it but, from his comments, it must have been intense. He has moved many miles from me now though to the south of the Uk, but he has secured a good job! I hope it goes well with you.

Welcome to the forum Leda!

This is a great place to be to connect with other females from all over the world. I’m from Oregon USA and have only been to Canada once!

I would love another trip to Victoria. I took a ferry there a few yeas ago and only had my bike and backpack. It was a lot of fun and a beautiful place to visit.

What area in Canada are you from?

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

With my courses, i am still starting inthe professional level so lots of case studies, but i’m lucky our co pany is supportive so i don’t have to find another job for actual training.

I live in Winnipeg, just moved here from Calgary. No more mountains to hike here 🙁 but lots of places to go biking

Welcome to the forums Leda76. I live in England, in a small town in the midlands. I love reading, cooking, walking and going to the theater. I have lots of friends and am always out socializing.

I look forward to reading your posts!

Thanks KitKatKitty!

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

With my courses, i am still starting inthe professional level so lots of case studies, but i’m lucky our co pany is supportive so i don’t have to find another job for actual training.

I live in Winnipeg, just moved here from Calgary. No more mountains to hike here 🙁 but lots of places to go biking

Biking sounds like fun! Is everything covered in snow by you? We had a little snow a week or two ago. Now Portland OR has lots of snow. We really don’t normally have snow so no one knows what to do as we usually just wait for it to melt. That isn’t really working this year though!

The sun is out so I might hope on my bike for a quick ride around town. It is actually in the 50s today! yah!

What type of work do you do?

Oh yeah, lots of snow today, Winnipeg is also known as Winterpeg! Right now, the weather is way nicer than last week – around 2C (sorry dont know what dat is in farenheit). Last week, we had a terrible blizzard, i regretted being on the road, its zero visibility with the snow and fog, had to use a gps going to work coz seriously i cant see squat.

I actually dont bike a lot. Just started to be honest, was looking to buy one (i borrowed my friends bike when i went out biking last fall). My friends and i are planning to do some biking once i get the chance). So yah, looking forward to that.

I work as an internal auditor for accounts payable. Not much travelong because i concentrate on one department only. But that works considering i have to go to weekend classes. How bout you?

Well, I waited too long and now it is raining! 🙁 I’ll head out for that bike ride another day, I suppose.

I work in graphic design and production among other things but that is mostly what I get paid for 🙂

I have a 2 year old and try to split my time between work and hanging out with her.

Do you have any kids or in a relationship?

You have a cool job

It has it’s ups and downs. It is a little harder to find work since I don’t live in a city luckily I have had a client give me work throughout the years as I travel around.

Are you happy at your workplace and your career?

Hi Leda and welcome.

Thanks Lindylo!

Hi Leda, welcome!! I’m a fan of getting outdoors walking/hiking too. I live in England and we get really excited in the south of England if there’s a hint of some snow – it’s usually just sleet though ; )

Thanks Pinkbear!

Right now, our weather is pretty tame between -4 to 4 degrees celsius which according to the locals here is not normal at all – not for a January weather. But I’m pretty happy with it.

I used to live in Calgary and we have crazy weather there. So this is not new to me.

I’m hoping there are a lot of parks here that i can go to when the weather permits.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!