Hot Weather

This topic contains 33 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Whether dangerous or not, pets are for life: as cheesy as that sounds. You can’t just put the animal away and say I’ve had enough for today: that animal needs care and attention. Too many people don’t realize this, hence abandoned pets and other creatures. The RSPCA – obviously – know all about this.

3 users liked this post:

When I’m at home I take a cool shower and then lay in front of a fan in my birthday suit. Or I find free air conditioning, either by going to the library to read or taking a very long walk through a mall. Before moving earlier this summer, I lived around the corner from a beach so spent hours swimming in shady spots.

When it comes to work though I’m screwed. I work next to an industrial-sized oven and have to wear heavy clothes, so really my only option is to pour cold water over my head as often as possible and stand in front of a fan until I can give my head another soaking.

1 member liked this post:

Whether dangerous or not, pets are for life: as cheesy as that sounds. You can’t just put the animal away and say I’ve had enough for today: that animal needs care and attention. Too many people don’t realize this, hence abandoned pets and other creatures. The RSPCA – obviously – know all about this.

That is the main reason why I don’t have a pet (probably dog). I get engrossed in what I am doing with my chores and hobbies so it may well not get the attention it deserves. The way I look at thing, the wildlife living around are my friends, and although I don’t treat them as pets, I do communicate with them in a friendly way, but they are still wild and not needing constant attention (and it would be detrimental for them).

1 member liked this post:

You’re very sensible, SpinningJen. I wish others thought that way: then there’d be no cases of animal abuse and neglect. Of course I love animals, but how would I manage? I do think if I ever lived with someone else I’d buy a cat, but I don’t live with someone else. Still, it is a dream to own a housecat. I absolutely love cats: I am a mad cat lady in that regard!

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!