Home » Topics » Getting Started » Frequently Asked Questions » How do I learn to love my body?

How do I learn to love my body?

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

That’s a beautiful picture Cassandra! You look lovely as well as nice scenery. Where was it taken?

Thanks … It was taken last July in Ireland… Im also proud of that photo because despite just hearing i had arthritis in my foot knees and hips I climbed that mountain.

ever since i was a kid i was super skinny, people thought i was anorexic and i eventually developed an eating disorder. growing up i hated my body, people always told me i’m s lucky to be able to eat anything i want and not gain weight, and that made me feel better for a while. recently i gained a lot of weight and that put me down again. No one told me i was fat but i saw myself that way. i started watching a lot of spiritual videos on youtube and doing yoga and meditation and that really taught me to appreciate my body for what it can do. your body really is a temple, it carries you through the day and can do incredible thing at times. your body is strong and wonderful. your body is yours, appreciate it. other people’s opinions are not important. your life will never be yours when you listen to the opinions of others.

if you really can’t learn to love yourself, fake it till you make it. look at yourself in the mirror and find things you like about yourself. say it out loud. i like my smooth skin. i love my beautiful long fingers. i love how i look naked in the mirror. write it down every day.

it is a journey and it is hard. you’re not gonna miraculously start loving yourself tomorrow. you have to work hard. there will be days where you won’t like yourself at all, and days when you do. but it’s worth it.

wish you all the best in your journey.

You look wonderful, cassandra.

Hello ghostgirl. I know where you’re coming from: I was also very skinny as a child. I haven’t put on loads and loads of weight: I am not fat or obese. But I am not skinny, either. And I know what you’re saying about your body being a temple and cherishing and looking after your body. Because this body of mine is the only one I’ll ever have. I treat it with respect and understanding, as you do yours. And I agree about looking in the mirror and complimenting oneself. It is so, so important to find the positives in your appearance and think yourself wonderful and worth cherishing.

Self love is deeply important and the way to others respecting us, too. Beauty IS in the mind of the beholder – and if we can see the beauty in ourselves – others will see the beauty within us. Learning to like yourself is about learning and growing through life. And this process never stops. Not even for me.

A wonderful post, ghostgirl: we’re on the same page.

[quote quote=211094]Hello ghostgirl. I know where you’re coming from: I was also very skinny as a child. I haven’t put on loads and loads of weight: I am not fat or obese. But I am not skinny, either. And I know what you’re saying about your body being a temple and cherishing and looking after your body. Because this body of mine is the only one I’ll ever have. I treat it with respect and understanding, as you do yours. And I agree about looking in the mirror and complimenting oneself. It is so, so important to find the positives in your appearance and think yourself wonderful and worth cherishing. Self love is deeply important and the way to others respecting us, too. Beauty IS in the mind of the beholder – and if we can see the beauty in ourselves – others will see the beauty within us. Learning to like yourself is about learning and growing through life. And this process never stops. Not even for me.[/quote]
    I hope everyone remembers this post. Treat your body like a temple.

I also look after my body by showering every day. I smell nice for myself. Using soap and shower gel is very important to me. I have always washed myself: and always will. It is for inner pride. I also celebrate myself by always having neat, clean and manicured nails.

I do love my vanity.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!