How good are you with technology?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat How good are you with technology?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  SpinningJen 1 year ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Like fixing your computer if it starts acting up. I am awful and since college have always relied on my Engineer friend who seems to either be able to walk me through it or fix the problem. What really gets me is when he tells me did you turn off your lap top and restart it. Then I do just that and it works fine. I just don’t get that.

1 member liked this post:

That rule applies to most things we don’t understand, my internet supplier says the same thing and it works with my new fangled camera as well. I play the simple female card at times I am afraid to say ( well it works ).

That rule applies to most things we don’t understand, my internet supplier says the same thing and it works with my new fangled camera as well. I play the simple female card at times I am afraid to say ( well it works ).

Playing the female card is always a good thing. 😄

Yep, when all else fails, reboot.  LOL

Rebooting solves like 90% of problems, lol.

I’m moderately good with technology. I csn figure things out and I can do programming. But I totally suck with really advanced stuff.

I can’t figure out Windows 7 home networks, I just don’t know what they want to let me connect. I totally got Windows 95, now they want all these permissions and it totally blows my mind.

My Windows 10 has been fubared for months. It won’t install updates but tries every day and reboots my machine. I hate it, I’m going nuts. My Microsoft profile is corrupted or something and I can’t get into anything in Administrator mode, like even command prompt. So basicslly I’m screwed.

I play the female card all the time, but more often for mechanics, lol. But yes I’m guilty, it’s easy to do. I’d never make it as a man lol.

2 users liked this post:

i have trouble even using simple tech stuff like phones, computers, microwave and depend on friends to bail me out on anything remotely technical.

I am pretty good with technology. I couldn’t pick a computer apart and do the math, though. But I can work out how to use technology. In fact, that is what I enjoy! I am always on the computer and have figured out how to work programmes and the suchlike. If left on my own, I am very smart. Knowing the basics helps.

I’d say I’m very good with technology.

2 users liked this post:

I should not play the female card with mechanics MAMIE ( unless they fancy you ), in my experience that generally leads to higher bills lol.

I should not play the female card with mechanics MAMIE ( unless they fancy you ), in my experience that generally leads to higher bills lol.

lol oh dear, fortunately I have a wonderful mechanic I trust, the business owner is a very lovely woman who has always been very kind and fair to me, I really do trust them. 🙂

Ever since I was little I wanted to find out how things worked. I am far more theoretical than practical, but over the years have learned that I have such offbeat ideas at times that people often keep away. I usually ended up doing things myself. That gave me the experience to realise that anyone is capable of anything. It is just working out a way to do it. Although I have spent years working with technology, and can work most things out, I am often still not very practical. You wouldn’t think so though. I hate texting, do not have a smartphone or a lot of other modern gadgets. I use my computer a lot though and, except for cursing Bill Gates often, get it working. They do confuse themselves though, and a restart clears their head (literally).  The female card is nice. My garage does know I keep an eye on things so does not particularly push it. With other technology, I like it when, if they try to confuse the dumb female, I can and do confuse the less qualified shop assistant lol. It is helpful when men do run to help me out in places like the DIY store. I often know what sort of thing I want but I am not very good with DIY, and most of these are now giant stores which makes finding what you’re not sure of difficult.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!