How High Do You Rate Your Intelligence?

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Work & Careers How High Do You Rate Your Intelligence?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  cassandra 3 hours, 29 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I’d say I’m a highly intelligent person: both emotionally and intellectually.

1. I understand the basics of science and have a grasp of some scientific principles
    2. I know a great deal about the English Language
    3. I am highly skilled with a computer
    4. I am good with people and understand psychology
    5. I have a vast, unlimited imagination
    6. I am not autistic
    7. I know the basics of music
    8. I can translate a little French

I would say I’m highly intelligent. Over to you!

Autisim does not necessarily limit intelligence.

My son is autistic his 11+ score was the second highest on record for this county.

I score highly on the autistic scale. I also score high on IQ scale. the last test I took I outscored the guy doing the test ! (he was not pleased)

I am said to be very good with people,  I cared for old people for 17 years , I remember their birthdays and their interests but I do not have emotional ties. I do not consider myself good with people. Simply human and caring.

Sometimes intelligence is overrated, good people are good people regardless of their IQ

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  cassandra.
    2 users liked this post:

You’ve got a good point, cassandra. I have met autistic people and should know how smart they are. I do apologise, cassandra and didn’t mean to be rude.

I shall think before I post next time.

1 member liked this post:

I also agree: good people are good people. Again, I have met people with disablities and have found them funny, kind, happy, working: all of that. They live their lives to the fullest. And I have found them to be nice to me and far more pleasant than some other people.

I’d still be interested in knowing more of your skills? And anyone else here? Because I do like having my abilites and make the most of them.

I am afraid I would play ‘devil’s advocate’ here and get a bit philosophical. What is intelligence? One thing I would think is that it is not what you know but how you approach things. I think it more intelligent to be questioning and exploring. A desire to extend your boundaries of knowing and understanding. Am I intelligent? – By most people’s reckoning – probably. How intelligent? – It’s not for me to decide.

I am afraid I would play ‘devil’s advocate’ here and get a bit philosophical. What is intelligence? One thing I would think is that it is not what you know but how you approach things. I think it more intelligent to be questioning and exploring. A desire to extend your boundaries of knowing and understanding. Am I intelligent? – By most people’s reckoning – probably. How intelligent? – It’s not for me to decide.

I like your way of thinking.

Intellegence being the ability to accept and explore new things and ways of thinking of having an open minds and being willing to constantly test and push your own bounderies…

Surely that is how most discoveries are made be they in art or science. Yes being open to embrace new ideas must be considered a form of intelligence without it we would still be cave dwellers without the wheel or fire.

You’ve got a good point, cassandra. I have met autistic people and should know how smart they are. I do apologise, cassandra and didn’t mean to be rude.

I shall think before I post next time.

Its ok its just one of those stereotypes that pushes us into boxes.

Blondes are ditsy

Fat people are lazy

People in wheelchairs have lost the use of their mind as well as their legs etc,

As more becomes known about Autsim and the broad range that it covers we begin to understand that many people can  be included in its spectrum many now belive Einstien was  autisitc and that Bill Gates may be too. People think they were/are able to seperate themselves from day to day life in order to create.

For myself and my son its an ability to exsist without the need for people, we are best when left in our own world and sometimes our social skills are lacking.

For my grandson its the classic autism he is shut off and closed away in his own world non verbal and non conforming to social mores.

Just like everyone else we are all different and all have different skills.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  cassandra.

We are all different and we do all have different skills. Like my sister is a genius with numbers/she speaks Swedish/she drives a car/she works full time. As for me: I am good at writing/I am good with the computer/and have other skills. I’ll never be as good with numbers as my sister is. This makes me feel slightly inadequate. I would LOVE to be a genius at mathematics. But it isn’t going to happen. I have come to accept my limitations and skills. That isn’t to say I never try: I tried learning French and other subjects. Realizing my place in the world – to me – doesn’t mean using that as an excuse to not try. In fact, I know I don’t have to be brilliant at everything: I can fall on my face and get back up. It’s like I loved art as a kid and teenager. I was never on a high level in that, but it didn’t stop me. I also learnt the guitar for a few years: even composed a number of musical scores.

I just carry on trying.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  KitKatKitty.

For myself and my son its an ability to exsist without the need for people, we are best when left in our own world and sometimes our social skills are lacking.

I know that well – me down to a ‘T’ . It was good when my job developed into working with patients out in the community and pushed me into contact. Online it’s not too much of an issue but I still freeze when entering a roomfull of people I don’t know. At least, from my experience of visiting people, I can isolate someone and start to chat. I can cope with two or three people but I do find it difficult.

2 users liked this post:

I’m the same, SpinningJen: online I’m fine but put me in a roomful of people and I can be slightly shy. I still try to act confident, but I am no Madonna. I am alright with people I know but I couldn’t stand up in front of a crowd of people: that is what I envy about Madonna. But I suppose there’ll always be people far more confident than me. I would love to have her confidence, though! Who wouldn’t?

P.S

I realize this thread is not about Madonna but she is a public figure and is easiest to compare oneself with online.

Have private messaged you back KitKatKitty in response to your message!

I don’t think about it that much.  I’m able to quickly grasp new concepts.  Whether that makes me highly intelligent is up for debate.

The word intelligence is a bit vague. Because everyone is intelligent: including people with disabilites, people with mental health problems and everyone else. It is subjective.

Still, I rate my intelligence highly. However, I would like to be a genius at mathematics. Yes: really.

Mathematics is where my dream lies.

Do a little every day Kitty. A lot of it is familiarity or train of thought. I can be too far the other way so English can be more of a problem to me. It’s more me but I do things like try to add up my shopping bill in my head at the checkout so I have an idea what the bill should be. Good memory exercise (it’s not often I can get it spot on but nice when I do). Mathematics is very broad and even extends to English grammar (and poetry) – Haha this just made me realise about my regular use of brackets, unlike most people. Brackets isolate things; useful in maths, but I have been known to use multiple brackets in English. It’s more unwritten with this but if you think – there are rules for certain types of poetry and song forms that could be written as equations, even somtimes effectively are. The format of a sentence even. Nouns and verbs in the right places. It’s all really mathematics from another angle, or at least could be analysed mathematically. Mathematics is not a single topic or having limited defined forms. It is really logical definition of things which can take many forms. You are using applied mathematics in many things you do without realising.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!