Home » Topics » General Discussion » General Chat » How Is Your December Morning Going?

How Is Your December Morning Going?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author

I’m glad you’re OK, cassandra. I must’ve misunderstood your post. Anyhow, you’ll sleep well tonight, fingers crossed.

First things first: my dad and I went to the supermarket to shop for the food bank. Fine, no problems. But THEN my dad’s car decided it didn’t want to function. We were right by a garage, so my dad dropped the car off there and I had to walk home. Thankfully the distance from the garage to where I live isn’t far.

Secondly: I bought my friend a mini language translator for his travels for Christmas and had it sent straight to his house. The problem is I have just found out today he has gone on holiday. Sod’s law.

Thirdly: I am hoping there is no thirdly! Because these things do usually come in threes.

I hope you did not get the third Kitty.

When passing the greengrocer I saw they had pale young rhubarb in stock…Ive counted my jam jars to see how many I had available and I have enough to make a batch of rhubarb and vanilla jam so thats my task for the day!

Rhubarb vanilla jam sounds delicious!

I’m awake too early, but I’ll try for more sleep in a bit. Sometimes it helps to read an ebook or chat online with the lights off, so I’m not just tossing around wondering why my body isn’t comfortable enough to stay in the sleep cycle.

I wrapped gifts last night. My guys each have five small gifts so they can have fun unwrapping multiple packages, then there’s another small one for the three together. I’m hoping the silly disguise glasses and the travel games (for trips with medical appointments or future vacations) will be a hit with them, but there’s also things like stickers and jumbo card decks and Christmas ornaments.

My parents get one package each, though I only shopped on purpose for my mum, getting a clock in the shape of a lighthouse (since she loves lighthouses) and a book she talked about wanting in her collection. Dad’s present was put together of a couple things we both enjoy (a puzzle and After Eight mints) that I hadn’t yet used and I can get for myself again later.

I have one sister who lives in town and I wrapped a package of shortbread cookies for her family. I’ll likely give her a gift card by email as well, when I buy for the other two sisters that way (and a friend who is like a sister).

No more Christmas shopping for me that isn’t good for our dinner! Feels good to have it done, and I sent out a few dozen cards in the mail (which is a kind of small present in my books)!

Sidenote: I like the thought of a gift for me from friends or family, but I don’t have enough room for presents from everyone, so Christmas greetings are enough! I already have the best gift ever, the person the holiday is named for!

[quote quote=221112]When passing the greengrocer I saw they had pale young rhubarb in stock…Ive counted my jam jars to see how many I had available and I have enough to make a batch of rhubarb and vanilla jam so thats my task for the day!

[/quote]

That’s a coincidence Cassandra. Yesterday I eat half a stick of forced rhubarb. It was lovely. I don’t make jam but that does sound nice. Rhubarb and custard taste in a jar.

Yesterday I got quite a few of the presents wrapped but I still have one or two to get. At the moment it’s a case of phoning round to catch up and arrange exchange.

[quote quote=221124]

Yesterday I got quite a few of the presents wrapped but I still have one or two to get. At the moment it’s a case of phoning round to catch up and arrange exchange.

[/quote]

I was thinking that my sisters and I should try for a video chat all at the same time if our schedules align nar Christmas. Or separately if not, but all checking in with each other and seeing one another despite distance.

I’ve lived far away from family and friends before (20 yrs ago) so I’m content to have a distanced holiday this year. For us to be alive and well is more important than a social gathering – but I am already less likely than many to want the gathering in a normal year! (Introverts unite, separately! LOL)

[quote quote=221126]

(Introverts unite, separately! LOL)

[/quote]

Oh this ^^^^ made me giggle.

Yes happy to be on my own or just OH..

I love treating myself to any kind of jam! In fact, I wrote a poem about strawberry jam. It is called “Granny And The Jar Of Jam” and was published in United Press “Poets Of The Year 2016”. A good book if you’re interested in poetry.

Anyhow, the third did not happen*: at least not yet. But things do come in threes. Things do also seem to go wrong when I’m around! Things fall, I bump into things… I can be incredibly clumsy. I do wish I was not like this. I am always waiting for the next disaster. I have now learnt to move that bottle of wine so it doesn’t get knocked over/I don’t do things with two hands: you get the gist.

Oh: and I am also slightly an introvert. I write “slightly” because I can be very confident. I just don’t yell my opinions across the room or stick my oar in when it is not wanted. I don’t shout: I never shout or scream or get angry. I do get angry, but quietly. Some people assume this is weakness: they’re wrong. I also keep myself to myself and don’t share my emotions with others. Except in my poetry. BUT I can be talkative and charming and a great conversationalist.

That’s me in a nutshell!

*December 10 post written above

I am forever moving bottles about so that I can catch none with my sleeve. Some of my clumsiness comes with things being too cluttered.

This morning I plan to get out for a walk. I will see how the weather is before I go but the forcast says sunny mid-morning.

I was out early …I caught wind of a nasty change coming our way.. I got some extra rhubarb and a few things I needed from shops that will most likely be closed tomorrow.

Yes,  the covid infection rate is now sky high here and tonight the announcement is expected of a lockdown with immediate effect.

I wasn’t planning to be out of the house this morning, but the oldest needs an earwax removal kit. Hoping we can get this solved without a dr’s appt!

And there was also a notification about a parcel available at the post office. We’re catching up on buying a bit of Baby Yoda merchandise – I was slow to get to watching The Mandalorian but once I did, I fell hard for the little green guy. 😉

Other morning plans include getting the guys to do their therapy exercises…

‘Well our country went into lockdown last night… So there were a couple of things I had to do today which are now scrapped so Im going to head to the kitchen to bake cakes for the old people.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

I have drunk my caffetterie coffee. I have also put on a load of laundry. I shall shower later this morning.

I did the cleaning yesterday: mopping, hoovering, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, etc. I am airing out my apartment ATM. I definitely keep busy!

Have a nice Tuesday, everyone!

[quote quote=221227]So there were a couple of things I had to do today which are now scrapped so Im going to head to the kitchen to bake cakes for the old people.
    [/quote]

That’s so nice of you! 🙂

[quote quote=221237]
    I did the cleaning yesterday: mopping, hoovering, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, etc. I am airing out my apartment ATM.
    [/quote]

I’ve split up the cleaning into tasks for each weekday. It was a good plan when it was just me doing it, but maybe even better for getting the guys in on it and not overloading them. 😉

Yesterday was washing sheets (still to be put away, but I like sorting clean laundry while watching educational videos with them – or in the evening if I’m watching something by myself).

Today is recycling and garbage, gathering it all up and getting it down to the dumpsters at the end of the townhouses. (We’re almost in the middle of our section, with 5 units on one side and 7 on the other.)

It’s also snowing, so we might get out sledding in the big backyard we share, and will have extra laundry after!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!