How long did you wait to get pregnant after you were married?

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Pregnancy & Parenting How long did you wait to get pregnant after you were married?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Mollypops 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

So I am getting married on 6/22/2019 and at that time I will be 31 years old. For those ladies out there who are married how long did you wait before you got pregnant even if it was planned or unplanned? What would you recommend for a woman my age and who is a teacher?

I could not really say though as things vary so much with relationships, and even between myself and friends I know there is much variation. Have you been living together? It is good to get established and really understand each other before having to balance a baby into the equation. It is probably also better to have a baby before becoming so set in a realtionship that it becomes a big shock to routine. This is where your age plays a part, although you are ok there. I waited a few years, but my partner had a son from a previous relationship so that complicated matters. In my mind, a couple of years, as my mum and dad waited, sounds about right, but, with me, I didn’t really think too much about it. It just seemed to come naturally. The time was right. It is important to know how your future husband feels about things. It is between you and him. What are your career aspirations and prospects, as well as his?

3 users liked this post:

Thank You. Yes we have been living together for just over two years now and we both do not have prior children from previous relationships. The hard thing with my career is I am a teacher so we have to plan accordingly to when I get pregnant to either have the baby during the Summer or at the end of the year so it does not happen right in the middle of the school year. I know this should not be a huge issue as my job would give me the time off no matter what, but it would be better if things worked out the other way. My future husband and I have spoken about having a family and we are both excited about it.  I suppose we shall see how things fall into place.

I think each couple is different . My OH and I talked through all kinds of things before we decided to try for a baby. One of our factors was that OH’s father and mother were well over 30 when he was born. Now days thats not such an issue but back then people seemed to age quicker and OH says he can only remember his father as an ‘old man’ his mother never took him on a picnic or climbed trees with him , his father never played soccer.

So we decided to our ambition on hold and have our children young that way when our children left home we figured we would still be young enough to have fun ..

It worked for us although it wasnt always easy. You have to do whats right for you.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  cassandra.
    1 member liked this post:

I think each couple is different . My OH and I talked through all kinds of things before we decided to try for a baby. One of our factors was that OH’s father and mother were well over 30 when he was born. Now days thats not such an issue but back then people seemed to age quicker and OH says he can only remember his father as an ‘old man’ his mother never took him on a picnic or climbed trees with him , his father never played soccer.

So we decided to our ambition on hold and have our children young that way when our children left home we figured we would still be young enough to have fun ..

It worked for us although it wasnt always easy. You have to do whats right for you.

Cassandra, you are absolutely correct. Now that I think about it things will work out in its own time and when it is suppose to happen. We will be blessed with a child whenever it is suppose to happen. There really isn’t any reason to stress ourselves out over it which could make it harder to conceive anyway.  Thank You for you wisdom.

Congratulations on your wedding! 🙂

I’m not married myself, but I will be soon, and I’m currently 36 years old.  I plan to start trying for a baby on my wedding night, lol!  I have my age to consider, so I feel it’s very important not to wait.

I don’t believe in “rules”, and I don’t feel anyone can tell you what’s right for your family, and I hope you don’t make decisions on what you want to do based on what you feel society expects from you.  I hope you end up with a beautiful family 🙂

1 member liked this post:

I agree with the others.  Having a child is the most life-altering event I can imagine, so embark on that journey when you and your husband are ready for it.

First off congratulations on your wedding. As for having a baby that is a big step in a marriage and truly is only something that can be determined when the right time is by you and your husband. It varies for every family. There are several factors that may come into play when determining when to have your first child.

• Student Loans
    • purchasing your first home
    • finishing school
    • wanting to travel
    • your career

These are just a few factors that you might want to discuss with your husband.  Good Luck and no matter what you decide having a baby is a miracle and you will love the choice you make.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!