How Often Do You Do The Laundry?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat How Often Do You Do The Laundry?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Yes Jen but not quite topless lol, raining today so I am lucky my clothes are all dry now. As regards tumble driers, yes they are risky and people I know go out and leave them running, nuts or what !

Odd, but I get a feeling of satisfaction every time I do the laundry: which is daily.

The satisfaction comes for me when it is out on the line on a breezy sunny day.

2 users liked this post:

Hi Cassandra, does white vinegar really make your clothes and especially towels soft and their is no smell of vinegar on them?

Hi Cassandra, does white vinegar really make your clothes and especially towels soft and their is no smell of vinegar on them?

Hi yes it really does work and no there is no smell of vineger, as long as you use the natural white vineger not cleaning or malt types!

Cassandra, it sounds like you need to use a nice fabric softener!

I’ve always used a dryer, but mine is gas powered instead of electric, and it works really well.  I’ve never worried about leaving my house while it’s running, that sounds strange to me, lol!

I do at least one load of laundry every day, for clothes and towels (I don’t like using disposables, so I have napkins, hand towels, handkerchiefs, etc) I wash my bedding every weekend.

1 member liked this post:

When it is necessary 🙂

My drum spins too fast: it freaks me out!

What is the normal speed?

My washer spin has various settings from 600 to 1400. I use a lower setting, to reduce stress on the machine (don’t forget I am nerdy lol). It does not sound so extreme at the lower setting but obviously does not dry so well. This time of year things dry outside quickly, and not having children at home means there is less washing anyway so there is not the rush there once was.

I fear my washer/dryer is giving up the ghost: it just does not dry clothing properly and overheats. I don’t even trust the machine to be left on its own. It could well be a fire hazard. I shall most likely have it replaced.

It’s a pain, but at least I know not to buy the same model.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!