I hear rich women in New York are unhappy!

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat I hear rich women in New York are unhappy!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TestDummyCO 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/17/opinion/sunday/poor-little-rich-women.html

Their husbands have all the wealth!

How would you feel if the next leader of America demanded they give half their wealth to the wives?

These women need to be rescued!

You cannot demand equality and then expect to live off your husband after divorce. You cannot claim to be equal but live like a kept woman. You cannot say women are strong if all they do is play the victim.

Real women contribute, real women  build lives. Real women deserve compensation for the effort they put into homemaking and child raising yes.  But its not a right, its something to be arranged with your spouse.

Rescued? no they need a kick in the backside if they are not happy they need to do something about it not wait for a new law so they can cash in.

These women don’t need to be rescued…no more than Melania Trump needs rescuing.  These women are smart enough to know exactly what they were getting into when they hitched themselves to their spouses’ wagons.

I’m a firm believer that, unless there is a prenuptial agreement in place, marital assets should be divided 50/50 in the case of divorce…regardless of who earned it.  While the husbands are out at work, the wives are busy keeping the lavish homes, raising children, serving on various boards and charities, keeping themselves in shape and staying fashionable…all to climb social ladders and make their husbands look good.  After all that, they might still get traded in for a newer model.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!