I think my husband is a narcissist.

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Love & Relationships I think my husband is a narcissist.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TestDummyCO TestDummyCO 2 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I met my husband at a marriage tour about 2 years ago and we settled down very quick. We have a fiery but passionate kind of love between us and so it’s always exciting. This made us feel like we were ready to get married. And so we got married about 6 months ago. I’m getting to know my husband more and more with each passing day and I’m starting to think he is a narcissistic person. His ego is huge. He loves to turn the tables on me. Whenever we fight and he’s the one at fault, he’d find a way to make it my fault. I’m getting sick of it. What should I do? I really regret not getting to know him better before marrying him.

• This topic was modified 4 days, 1 hour ago by Profile photo of sonia27 sonia27.

You’re obviously deeply unhappy. Why stay in the marriage? You’ll never change him: no matter how much talking you do. He is what he is and if he’s wrong for you, you’ll live in misery if you stay married. I don’t see why you should tolerate a painful marriage: you’ll just stay in misery. It’s your choice, but you’ll be the only one who suffers.

1 member liked this post:

i suggest a timeout of significant length like a month to reflect on your feelings and spend time with other men. don’t make a rash divorce decision. let him know why you are doing a timeout so he can understand your feelings. if a dude upsets me i always do a month timeout with rationale. in most cases my guys correct their misbehavior and we get back together. mqke up sex is a good the best.

@kitkatkitty You’re right that I’m no longer happy with our marriage. I should’ve known him better.

@bunny1984 That’s what they call “silent treatment”. I’ve done that to my ex-guys already; however, I believe that’s difficult for my husband to chew. He is a very difficult person to deal with.

most men are like that sorry to say,there is no something like long/short time  of knowing people,follow bunny advice.time heal give him time alone to refresh are all shall be well

1 member liked this post:

if you are no longer happy with your marriage i would suggest you care more about your future than to what your husband can chew. he is difficult because you spoil him by considering his feelings are more important than yours.

is your life so up to you how to manage it.

If it’s been only six months, and you’re truly unhappy now, it’ll only get worse as time goes on.  Cut your losses while you’re young.  You’ll be much happier in the end.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!