If only

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LadyCaz 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

If only we could turn back the clock.
    If only we could have our years again.

Thats how Im feeling about Oscar right now. EverIy day is joy that he is still here and heartache because I know the time is coming when I am going to have to say goodbye..

He is getting tired, medication can only do so much..The vet shakes his head a lot when we visit now..
    He’s not in pain and hes happy but hes stiff and unable to play much or walk too far without being exhausted..

He cant see too much anymore and yet when he looks at me, its almost as if he is pitying me..
    I know he feels my sadness he lays his head on my feet or stays close to my chair..

Benny has stopped growling at him when he takes the best bed or pushes past to get to the water bowl.

From day 1 we know that eventually we will have to say goodbye but somehow we are never ready when that time comes…
    We have to see the vet in 2 weeks and see what he says..How much time he thinks we have….

I know some people will say Im crazy they will say hes just a dog..
    I try not to be angry at them ..I pity them for never knowing the love a dog can give and for not understanding he isnt just a dog….He is my friend

Attached files

Well cass I really feel for you and hope when the time comes you have the courage to say goodbye to Oscar, give him a hug from me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!