Indulgences

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

So what are they? You know what I am talking about – the things you love to eat but know you shouldn’t. The treats that you eat even when you haven’t earned them!

Personally, I am a no-hoper when it comes to Ice Cream Mars Bars. I also love Fry’s Chocolate Cream. Basically no matter what the season, I am in trouble!

Yep I have those too lol. Mine at the moment is skinny cow ice cream, especially the minty choccy one. If I have one, I have to have another one. It,s a good thing they are low fat and low cal. 😆

Have you read about the ingredients in the so called healthy ice creams souxi? Ugh!

Completely mintal ingredients:

Partially Reconstituted Skimmed Milk Powder, Chocolate Sauce (17%) (Inulin, Glucose Syrup, Water, Partially Inverted Refiners Syrup, Skimmed Sweetened Condensed Milk, Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Plain Chocolate (Cocoa Mass, Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Butter Oil, Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin; Flavouring), Thickener: Modified Waxy Maize Starch, Stabiliser: Pectin; Flavouring), Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Inulin, Plain Chocolate Mint Sugar Pieces (2.5%) (Plain Chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin; Sugar, Flavouring, Glaze (Thickener: Gum Arabic, Glucose Syrup, Vegetable Oil, Citric Acid), Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Emulsifier: Mono and Di-glycerides of Fatty Acids, Stabilisers: Locust Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Flavouring.

Think I would rather stick with the regular stuff!

That being said I suppose there is crap added to most of our foods nowadays, and I can hardly harp on as I have a number of bad indulgences – real ice cream being one of them!!

Eeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!! The stuff that is in our food that we don,t know about is scary isn,t it? Theres me thinking it,s healthy and it,s got all that unidentified gunk in it!! :ahhh:

Easy solution – ignore the ingredients list if you like something! 😆

lol @ squeezy! I find that ignoring the ingredients list and nutrition label is much better. Then you can just enjoy the food (or at least ignore the potential downsides).

I think everything is full of rubbish nowadays though, unless you are willing to make everything you eat from scratch. My indulgences are salt and vinegar crisps – I love them. I tried to move over to the rice crackers but they are worse than eating cardboard!

lol @ squeezy! I find that ignoring the ingredients list and nutrition label is much better. Then you can just enjoy the food (or at least ignore the potential downsides).

I think everything is full of rubbish nowadays though, unless you are willing to make everything you eat from scratch. My indulgences are salt and vinegar crisps – I love them. I tried to move over to the rice crackers but they are worse than eating cardboard!

I also love salt and vinegar crisps. If I have one packet, that will lead to another lol. Has anyone tried any healthy versions such as Weightwatchers crips, or Tescos own healthy living brands? I have in a vain attempt to be good, but the healthy versions simply doen,t taste as nice as the sinfull ones lol. 😆

^^The ‘Go Ahead’ range of low fat crisps are wuite nice

Weightwatchers own brand are flipping awful tho – think the only reason you lose weight is cos you’d rather starve than eat their cardboarcd! %-P

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!