Interested in a super-attractive and popular guy at my school

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Love & Relationships Interested in a super-attractive and popular guy at my school

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lexie18 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I have been interested in a 19-year-old guy at my school for a few weeks now, and for various reasons I have hesitated to approach him.
    One reason is because I find him brutally good-looking, to the point that I get a fluttering stomach and feel sort of dizzy every time I see him.
    Everything about him is exactly what I find attractive in a guy – he is about 6’5 tall, broad shoulders, big arms, really beautiful eyes, and basically everything about him is so darn hot, haha.
    Another problem, of course, is that lots of other girls are after him:
    if he passes a group of girls they will often say hi to him with their sweetest voices and then giggle and ogle him, and a lot of girls have also walked up to him and asked him if he wants to go on a date (and he often says yes to that as well).
    And if a girl is talking to him then she will typically stand and giggle and blush, play with her hair a lot and show pretty much every possible sign of interest.
    He doesn’t even do anything special himself, he just minds his own business and then some girl will approach him and be all sweet and loving to him and try to flirt with him – that seems to be a very normal experience for him.
    All of this really makes me kind of scared to approach him myself, since I feel like I will be constantly jealous or get dumped or something.
    I have tried to hold eye contact with him a couple times, but I get very shy very quickly and look away.

Do you know what I can do to flirt with this guy in a good way?
    I have tried to find him on various social media, but he doesn’t seem to have anything like that.

All you can do is let him know you are interested, if he likes you he will follow up. If you are lucky enough too get a date be slightly mysterious, guys like that. You just have to show him you are unique and not like all his groupies, that might make sit up and take notice.

Is there anything you have in common with this guy, like a common class?  If so, I would hold off until communication regarding that common thing comes naturally.  Then, you will distinguish yourself from the rest.  Otherwise, you’ll just be another flirty, hair-twirling, giggling goose.

Looks are often deceiving as well.  Hanging back might afford you the opportunity to see how everything plays out with all the others.  He might just end up being an a$$ or someone you don’t really want to be around.

I agree with Mikki and Tests’s replies. It is really a combination of being there and yet out of touch. Friendly yet somewhat hard to get. This will give you both time to really get to know each other, while keeping common interest rather than shallowness and brief flirtation. It is likely to be hard for a guy not to fall into bad ways when he apparently gets to pick and choose without working at it. He will notice if someone is more confident than the others though.

1 member liked this post:

Thanks. 🙂
    I don’t have any classes together with him, but I see him pretty often since he has a lot of classes quite close to me.

One thing that makes me kind of uneasy as well is that he typically says yes to the girls who ask him out on a date;
    hopefully this doesn’t mean that he just jumps between them and dumps them one by one or anything.
    He definitely could do that if he wanted to, since he is put on a pedestal by so many girls there simply because of his exceptional good looks – he is like a one-in-a-million hottie, so it’s very hard to know what he would be like.

Oh honey, I do hope everything works out for you!  Oooh wow one-in-a-million, he must really be special!

I’ve never dated such a man, so I don’t have any real experience on what works, lol.  Oh please do keep that in mind, my thoughts are only theoretical!

I’d imagine a good way to get his attention would be to stand out from everyone else.  Do you know what his interests are, like is in into any clubs or anything?  I’d think if you can make yourself exceptional, you might draw his attention.  I wouldn’t mimic what other girls are doing, he might not respect you if you throw yourself at him.  But if you’re like captain of an athletic or academic team, or debate champion, or school president, or something, he might seek out you.  Being something like that might take a LOT of work, but if he’s really that good he might be worth it, right?  Worst case scenario where he doesn’t take interest, you still excel at something important to you and better your own life.

I’m thinking of like Hermione Granger and Victor Krum in “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”.  All these girls were chasing after Victor, but he totally wasn’t interested, but Hermione showed him no interest at all but she just did her thing as an exceptional student, and he chased after her and was afraid to work up enough nerve to talk to her!

Oh I do hope you’re successful! 🙂

1 member liked this post:

Do you know what his interests are, like is in into any clubs or anything? I’d think if you can make yourself exceptional, you might draw his attention. I wouldn’t mimic what other girls are doing, he might not respect you if you throw yourself at him. But if you’re like captain of an athletic or academic team, or debate champion, or school president, or something, he might seek out you. Being something like that might take a LOT of work, but if he’s really that good he might be worth it, right?

Haha, I will think about that.
    I just feel like it might end up taking a long time, and I think he might only be at my school until summer break, which we will have in about two weeks.
    I managed to say hi to him on two occasions yesterday, alhough I still have to gather up courage to approach him.
    I have heard that he is good at math, so maybe I could ask him for help with that…?

But it’s also that “problem” that he gets attention from other girls so easily.
    Two days ago I noticed a blonde pretty girl who gave various strong signals before walking up to him to have a conversation with him – she stood and played with her hair, both hands behind her neck, in a low cut tank top with her belly slightly exposed, and looked at him with a flirty smile and repeatedly winked at him and raised her eyebrows at him, AND blushed a lot.
    He pretty much just stood and casually checked out her entire body with curious, innocent eyes and a dreamy smile, and she seemed to love that (and he most likely knew that as well), and then she walked up to him and talked to him.
    That’s one of the more particularly obvious signs of interest, but a lot of girls have made their interest just as clear, just in less “alluring” ways.
    And this is one of the main reasons why I feel I should get his attention as quickly as I can. 😶

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Lexie18.

Two days ago

Oh, I did mean “yesterday”, of course.

I talked to him today and tried asking him if he wants to o something some day, and he said that he was currently seeing someone else – but he also put his hand on my arm when he said it and smiled at me, and said that he appreciated that I asked him.

What does this mean?
    I got the feeling that he would have liked to meet me if he wasn’t “taken”, so should I wait a while and try again later?

I think maybe he is taken now. I wouldn’t pursue it myself. It’s sad, but there isn’t much you can do at this stage.

I don’t mean to sound horrible, but that is what I see. I’m really sorry.

I found out that this guy and one of my friends have a few common friends and spend time together that way, and she has told me that he constantly gets some signs of interest.
    She has said that every time they buy something somewhere and the cashier happens to be a girl, she will always get large eyes and look at him repeatedly with great interest, and apparently several of them have figured out his name and asked for a date the next day – and if they walk with their friends past a group of girls then those girls will very often notice him and start talking about him and giggling, and usually approach him, and the rest of us are pretty much invisible to them.
    This sounds a lot like how he gets treated at school as well, so I am not surprised.
    It does however make me kind of concerned, since it feels like I would always be jealous and probably get dumped quite quickly as well no matter how much I tried to show my best side.

But I also feel this frustrating hope since he smiled at me a bit and put his hand on my arm last time I talked to him – and I also saw him check me out a few times right after that (and hopefully I wasn’t just some quick eye candy for him or something).

Not sure what to do, but maybe I could try flirting with him a bit the next time I see him.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Lexie18.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!