Is it dumb to take a job making less than what I make now?

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Work & Careers Is it dumb to take a job making less than what I make now?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cassandra 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

So I applied for a medical job. Making 1 dollar less than what I make now. But my current job is toxic and stressful and messing with my mental health :/ but the job I interviewed for seems better and like they actually take care of their employees. Whats more important?

It sounds like a good move, in my opinion. Your health is important. What are the other long term benifits anyway? Are there better prospects for career progression? A point to think about is that even if your old job had better prospects your morale may be so low that you would not be motivated to progress. Having been in stressful jobs before I think a dollar less may be a good price to pay for better health. At least you will be more motivated with the job, or to look for a better one if you need to.

Having a job you’re happy with is more important than having a larger paycheck. You spend your whole life at work: why do it just for money? Choose the lesser paid job and have a job you’ll love.

A little wisdom.

Work to live dont live to work.

Go to any graveyard,  the stones say ,loving mother, beloved daughter , cherished wife.. not one says great career woman, top manager or best breadwinner…

1 member liked this post:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!