Its ok to laugh

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Its ok to laugh

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  cassandra 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Yesterday we went out to walk the dogs. I was daydreaming about my Germany trip planning what to buy and where to store it and I didnt notice one of my boot laces come loose. I trod on it and tripped myself up face down onto a gravel path.

Aww Aww Aww, no I didnt say that my my xrated words are not for the faint harted. I was so annoyed with mysle f for not noticing the lace. Anyway I did some repairs at the car and then we carried on the walk. Ive cut the heel of my hands both sides and on the right 3 fingers have lost skin my pinky is the worse as Ive lost the nail as well. So I spent a day doing everything one handed and saying ouch a lot.

Last night I went to bed and woke up at about 2am thinking Id had a stroke.. As if looking like Ive lost a bare knuckle fight isnt bad enough then a stroke? My face felt tight and lopsided and I couldnt fully open my eye or move my mouth on one side…

I reached up to inspect the damage and yelped in pain as my finger made contact with my face ( I had forgotton I was injured) anyway using my left hand I gently felt my face and discovered that as I had slept I had managed to get one of the large sticky plasters from my hand stuck to my face from my top lip to the corner of my eye…

Laughing at myself for being such an idiot I yanked the plaster off and gave myself a facial waxing in the process causing me to yelp again..

Only I could manage to  turn a simple dog walk into a comedy of errors

1 member liked this post:

I am sorry to hear tha Cassandra. I know a lost nail is painful and takes a long time to heal. That said, I can laugh with relief as much as anything else that your stroke was something that turned out to be so silly. You must have made a pretty picture! Take care of yourself while you mend <3

I’m not laughing myself. That sounds painful. OUCH. I am hoping  you see a nurse, perhaps. I think you’re badly injured and should be checked over.

It is good that you can laugh, but I would consider seeing a nurse.

I hope you mend soon. Let your family do the work around the house/wherever and not risk harming yourself further. Basically, don’t do anything that could aggravate your wound further.

Get better soon.

I’m sorry you’re hurt, Cassandra.  I can’t laugh about you tripping yourself with your own laces, although I would if that happened to me.  🙂  However, I do find your “stroke” terribly funny!  I’m glad it was just a band-aid.

I hope you’re well into recovery from your fall.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  TestDummyCO.

@kitkatkitty its really ok painful; and annoying because its on my right hand but there is nothing that a nurse or GP could do about it that I havent done myself.  We have a very well stocked first aid box and I had all the right things to disinfect clean and dress the area.. I have now left it open to the air so that it can heal. The only thing a nurse could do is give antibiotics if it became infected and in this country it would have to be ddropping off before they did that! No one here gets antibiotics unless its absolutly unavoidable.

@TestDummyC   the whole stroke thing did make me laugh after I realised what it was..

As a side note Ive now proved I can swear in three languages at least.. In English when it happend, in Dutch when someone stupidly grabbed my hand to shake it and in German while shopping and even though I had a pad on the worst finger to protect it one of the cashiers rushed my shopping through and hit my hand with a heavy bottle… Her stunned expression was priceless  and although Im not a great fan of swearing I have to say that one curse got me more care and courtsey than any politie request to be careful  would have.

Hi Cassandra, I have done the same whilst dogwalking my heel caught in a rut and over I went. Fortunately I protected my modesty as I had a long skirt on at the time but my dogs were concerned that I was alright lol.

Hello, cassandra. I am glad you were able to disinfect and dress your injury. I am also glad you are able to laugh about it: if you didn’t laugh, you’d cry.

Anyhow, take care lovely and I am sure you’ll soon be on the mend.

The only thing a nurse could do is give antibiotics if it became infected and in this country it would have to be ddropping off before they did that! No one here gets antibiotics unless its absolutly unavoidable.

It sounds like you are organised over there. I agree with this.

I guess my GP was right my health is good. One week on and the heel of my left hand is 100% healed, the heel of the right hand 90% and the fingers are really good, all pale pink from the new skin thats growing in and only the pinky nail is still a bit raw. But Im getting there  I honestly didnt think it would heal this quickly. I do wear surgical gloves for any household duties like cleaning or cooking but aprt from that I have no dressings or coverings on them and so far so good..

I am being really extra careful about laces though!

I’m glad you’re healing, cassandra. You’re definitely right about your laces, too.

Take care, lovely and I am glad you’re on the mend.

I am pleased to hear as well Cassandra. I like it when things heal fast and keeping them open to the air helps greatly, but it is often difficult with the lives we lead.

I hope you’re better now, cassandra? Has your hand healed? It must’ve been very painful. I remember I was walking at night in a park with my close friend. She wears glasses and I took for granted she’d be fine walking in the dark: I was wrong. She fell down and cut her leg. We got her patched up, but we never did that again. I just assumed because I am good at walking at night my friend would’ve been, too. Obviously I was wrong.

Anyhow, I hope you’re OK.

I hope you’re better now, cassandra? Has your hand healed? It must’ve been very painful. I remember I was walking at night in a park with my close friend. She wears glasses and I took for granted she’d be fine walking in the dark: I was wrong. She fell down and cut her leg. We got her patched up, but we never did that again. I just assumed because I am good at walking at night my friend would’ve been, too. Obviously I was wrong.

Anyhow, I hope you’re OK.

Sorry I didnt see your reply.. I healed just fine.

I cannot claim to have been drunk or unable to see because I was sober and it was daylight I was just daydreaming.

Although I admit we use flashlights at night because of un-even paving stones and rogue do poo laying around.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!