Jealousy Response

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Most of us have felt it at one time or another. It could be a mild annoyance or like a fire inside you, consuming you and making you feel like you might explode. Although it is a common emotional reaction when a person is feeling jealousy. it is one of biggest relationship destroyers out there.

Jealousy can range from feeling bothered that that your lover is admiring another woman or that he is looking interested at a man, you start to imagining things that aren’t actually there. Either way jealousy will have a negative effect on your relationship.

how do react to jealousy in your relationship?

Try to ignore it and stick to facts. As you say, it is a relationship destroyer so it is not something to be worked up about. I also think that if one has ceased to be jealous from time to time then maybe the relationship is dead anyway. In small amouts perhaps it has a positive effect?

1 member liked this post:

Hi Bunny, I think the longer you are married the more you trust your hubby ( thinking who would want him at this age lol ). when we were first married I was jealous when an attractive lady would try and flirt with him moving in quick to check things were ok.  However we all flirt a bit not meaning any harm, at my age if a younger guy flirts with me that is a bonus  but I know it will go no further as I am happy with what I have.

I feel it depends on how much you trust him, how devoted to you he is in your mind.  I know my man is a good person, he is honest and kind, and I don’t believe he would do anything to hurt me right now.  I’d be more concerned if I felt I couldn’t trust him, and if I couldn’t then I feel I wouldn’t love him the same way that I do and I don’t know if there’d even be hope for our relationship.

I’m not a jealous person and never will be. I would not tolerate jealousy in a relationship: it’d drive me up the wall and I would be utterly furious. I am able to reason my own jealousy on occasion because I know it isn’t about what the other has: it is about my own insecurities. If I am miserable that is my own problem and not a partner’s. I also know that having a partner not trust me would make me doubt the relationship, too. I am my own person and, even if I find another man attractive, I am allowed to. It isn’t a crime to admire someone else.

No: jealousy is a deal-breaker for me.

2 users liked this post:

thanks everyone, i decided to dump the jealous guy after he got into a physical fight with a guy i knew when he kissed my cheek and said good bye to me at a night club. had enough of his jealous crap and physical displays.

3 users liked this post:

You were absolutely right to ditch him. Who needs a jealous boyfriend? Good on you for having self respect. I wouldn’t put up with that crap, either.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!