Job hunting..

This topic contains 68 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  cassandra 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author

Been trying to find a job for ages, and though I suppose in a way it’s good to get rejection emails (so you know where you stand!), I’m really starting to get fed up and down-hearted.

I’m trying to aim for something better than Sainsburys, or Tesco. I want to have a proper job. It’s so frustrating!

I’ve literally been applying for jobs all day, and now I just can’t be bothered anymore. It seems every job opportunity I click on, I’ve already applied for… I’m running out! :O

Has any one got any suggestions or tips regarding anything I’ve just said? Anything will be amazingly appreciated! :ahhh:

I don’t have much to offer but have you tried physically going to these places and trying to see the Human Resource person and handing them your CV.. .. Also have you tried including a pic of yourself – head and shoulder – It’s done here and gives the interviewer some idea appearance wise. Sorry Petal can’t think of anything prudent for now. Don’t give up… Keep plugging away……

Didn’t think of sending a pic as well as CV. Might give it a go actually, thanks SG!

I’ve been round town asking for any jobs and whether they’d take a CV, but they always say to do it all online. Thing is, they never seem to update their websites! It’s a lose/lose situation. Worth giving it another go though eh. 🙂

Perhaps you shouldn’t even ask…. address an envelope to the Human Resources department and hand it in at reception and hopefully they pass it on. Shame girlie it is tough all over – worldwide I’d say… but really just persevere… something has to come to fruition. Wish I could be more helpful.

I’m sure something will come up at some point, it’s just the waiting part that’s frustrating!

Don’t be silly, you’ve been more than helpful!

I found that making my cover letter a little more personal mentioning the companies latest product or the new shop in whatever town showed interest in them as a company and using nice notepaper landed me more interviews and eventually a job.

When people applied for jobs when I managed the bakery they would hand in dog eared standard printed letters and things scrawled on bits of jotter pad. Im sorry to say but those ones went straight in the bin ….No pride in your letter = no pride in your work..

I forgot to mention.. I also have cards printed with my details on them, I attached one to the top of each application..you can get some free (pay the postage) from this company..

http://www.vistaprint.co.uk

good luck

That’s an awesome idea, putting a business card in with an application. I’ve got some, but they’re for Graphic Designers. I’ll have to get some more. Cheers Cass.

When you get rejected, do you ask for feedback? If you make that extra effort to get some, it will really help – particularly if you find that you’re being rejected for the same reasons each time.

That’s also a good idea. I’m gonna reply right now, and get down to the bottom of it! %-P

Still no joy, I’m unhappy to report. I’ll keep you updated with the progess (if there is any)

Keep us updated, and good luck!

Ja do keep us posted Petal… chin up girlie…. something is sure to come your way.

Today I got my final grade at college! I got a 2:2.. wish it were higher, but I’m absolutely over the moon! 😀 I HAVE A DEGREE! 😀 Just been looking at gowns for graduation, I’m so excited!!!!!!

One of my tutors said someone from a branding agency was interested in my work at the exhibition last night, and apparently wants to offer me a placement! I can’t believe it! I didn’t think ANYTHING would come of my exhibition. Today is the best day EVER! 😀

I’m currently on the wine.. 😀

Whoohoo… Petal this is fantastic news…… Clap clap clap….. Well done and congratulations on both counts.. This is definitely cause for celebration….. Cheers 😆

Congratulations Petal..

Today I got my final grade at college! I got a 2:2.. wish it were higher, but I’m absolutely over the moon! 😀 I HAVE A DEGREE! 😀 Just been looking at gowns for graduation, I’m so excited!!!!!!

One of my tutors said someone from a branding agency was interested in my work at the exhibition last night, and apparently wants to offer me a placement! I can’t believe it! I didn’t think ANYTHING would come of my exhibition. Today is the best day EVER! 😀

I’m currently on the wine.. 😀

Congratulations! I know how good it feels to finally get that degree after all the work! Well done 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!