Job security

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

So of the women here that are in employment how many of you feel secure in your job. Particularly now, we are hearing of increasing unemployment and a slow down in the economy – are you worried that you will lose your job?

I think one of the benefits of being a teacher is that the security of your job isn’t linked to the performance of the economy – after all, teachers will always be needed. That being said, we are at the whim of politicians and the national budget which means I don’t feel 100% secure in my job.

I dont think there is such a thing as a job for life anymore. I am not in the job market, but it doesnt mean I dont worry about my husband’s job security. He is always worried that he is going to lose his job to someone younger or with more formal qualifications. I keep on at him to do part-time courses to ensure he will always be employable should the worst happen but he is just too tired to do anything like that by the time he gets home from work.

Well i Had Been In A Job For 20 Years, Until Last Month I Was Made Redundant… Its Hell

Trying To Find A Full Time Job – 35 Hours . Im On The Internet All The Time Looking, But no

Joy….

Sorry to hear that annie, what line of work are you in? I work in a call centre and feel very insecure in my job as they all seem to be going abroad to INdia and the like. It seems we are always having to prove ourselves and justify why we should keep call centre contracts, but could lose them at any time and I am not sure what kind of job I could go into if there were no other call centres around.

Well i Had Been In A Job For 20 Years, Until Last Month I Was Made Redundant… Its Hell

Trying To Find A Full Time Job – 35 Hours . Im On The Internet All The Time Looking, But no

Joy….

Oh jeez, that’s awful – sorry to hear that :down:

Really hope you find something soon

Well I Was A Sale Assistant for 17 Years, Then I Changed My Job In The Same Company As A Warehouse Stock Processor And Did It For 3 Years, Quite Enjoyed It But The Pressure Of The Job Got To Me. There Was At The Time Only 3 Of Us Doing It – The Company Has 10 Different Shops In The Complex, We Had To Check Stock Off Invoice/Delivery Note,Put Stock Into computer,Price Stock,Label Stock,Check Stock And They All Were Mostly On Pallets. Funny Enough I Was Told By The Warehouse Manager I Was The Best out Of Them + I Was Asked If Iwould Go Back For 3 Weeks Temp ,I Dont Think So !!1

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Annie. Have you ever considered nursing as a career? Care assistants are always needed in hospitals and NHS pay isn,t that bad, despite what the news says. I used to do this kind of thing myself years ago, working with geriatrics. You don,t have to do that of course, you could just work on a general ward. Hospitals are usually crying out for extra staff. Just an idea anyway. Good luck and let us know how you get on ok? 🙂

No ,Couldnt Do Nursing. With A Care Assistants Job Dont You Need Qualifications,I Dont Have Any.

No Annie you don,t need any qualifications to be a care assistant, at least you didn,t when I did it. It,s a shame you couldn,t do it because it can be a very rewarding job, but I fully understand it isn,t for everyone. Must run in the family because my mum did nursing as well.

Hi Souxi, What Does Enhanced Disclosure Mean??

Hi Souxi, What Does Enhanced Disclosure Mean??

When anyone applies for a job they are required by law to disclose any previous criminal convictions. This explains all about it.
    link

Oh I See,Thanks Very Much..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!