Just for fun: what would you do if a bird picked you up?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Just for fun: what would you do if a bird picked you up?

This topic contains 38 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Say you’re taking a nice walk somewhere on a warm summer day, when out of nowhere, a large bird swoops down on you, grabs you by the arms, and flies in the air with you.

How do you react? Do you wait to see where it takes you, or do you struggle to make it let you go?

This is just for fun, I’m curious to see what people say!

2 users liked this post:

Oh dear, well if I’m being completely honest with myself, I know I’d probably panic, I’d kick and scream and struggle, and deep down I’d resign myself I’m probably going to be horribly eaten.  I’d hope somehow whenever I get where this bird is taking me I’ll have a chance to get away, but I’d be absolutely terrified knowing I probably won’t, I’d totally imagine these birds probably make wise decisions choosing their prey.

1 member liked this post:

Indeed. But who knows, maybe he just wants a friend and he’s just taking you for a ride. 😉

Would you say anything to the bird while you’re in flight?

Well, I would certainly be surprised!  I wouldn’t try to struggle, for fear of being dropped.  I would take a “wait and see” stance and try to enjoy the ride.

I would agree with Test here, except for enjoy the ride. I would likely hold onto the bird stronger than it would hold onto me because I don’t like heights. With animals and birds I tend to look them in the eye to determine their intentions.

i am sure with my fear of heights, i would immediately pass out in stress panic attack

Hi,.

just done a small writeup about this …so….well as I get lifted up higher I would get my camera out and start taking shots and look all around and enjoy my flight , of cause I would be spying on others   …oh yes….I would then ask bird do you have some place that’s nice we are going to, as I think it would be so much fun  ,I take every chance I,m given to explore look at details and flying high is wow,,,in some ways is like my life  I,v been given so much in meeting 1000,s of people and over sea,s  seeing sights I never would have thought possible . so oh yes I,ll go…

…noeleena…

Hi just for a moment there I thought you were asking ” what if another women tried to pick you up “, that could have been an interesting  topic lol.

2 users liked this post:

Indeed. But who knows, maybe he just wants a friend and he’s just taking you for a ride.

Would you say anything to the bird while you’re in flight?

Well I’d definitely start screaming for help, and if he started talking to me I’d try talking to him and asking what he’s going to do to me, why he took me, where he’s taking me, and try to ensure my safety, if I can even believe him.  He did after all abduct me, which feels like a pretty violent and unfriendly act.

I guess I’ve just read too many fantasy and horror stories that I’d be pretty sure he plans to make me breakfast for his hatchlings.

I would let myself be carried through the air and just enjoy the ride. I’d be scared but excited. I would look forward to seeing where we’d land. I’d then want to be flown back to my home and I would say thank you to the bird for taking me on an adventure.

i am sure with my fear of heights, i would immediately pass out in stress panic attack

I can understand that. If it picked you up and flew moderately close to the ground, would you be more okay with that or would it still scare you? What would you say to the bird while in flight?

I would let myself be carried through the air and just enjoy the ride. I’d be scared but excited. I would look forward to seeing where we’d land. I’d then want to be flown back to my home and I would say thank you to the bird for taking me on an adventure.

Interesting! Would you be at all worried that your feet are off the ground or anything like that?

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  MiaKora.

Well, I would certainly be surprised! I wouldn’t try to struggle, for fear of being dropped. I would take a “wait and see” stance and try to enjoy the ride.

I would agree with Test here, except for enjoy the ride. I would likely hold onto the bird stronger than it would hold onto me because I don’t like heights. With animals and birds I tend to look them in the eye to determine their intentions.

I see! Would either one of you say something to the bird while you’re flying?

Well I’d definitely start screaming for help, and if he started talking to me I’d try talking to him and asking what he’s going to do to me, why he took me, where he’s taking me, and try to ensure my safety, if I can even believe him. He did after all abduct me, which feels like a pretty violent and unfriendly act.

I guess I’ve just read too many fantasy and horror stories that I’d be pretty sure he plans to make me breakfast for his hatchlings.

That’s a really good point. On the other hand, maybe this is how his kind makes new friends. Maybe birds have weird social cues that we just don’t understand lol.

Would you let him continue to take you if he told you he just wants to be friends?

I would limit my speech to our flight-related experience, so as to not tee him off.  His responses to my observations and comfort/discomfort will tell me whether he’s friend or foe.

I continually chat to animals and birds anyway. Last year when I had a spider in the water butt for some time I used to warn  when I was opening the lid. It was re-assured I think because it became relaxed with my visits. People probably think I am mad lol

I feel being abducted against my will is not a very friendly act at all, and I’d be highly suspicious of anything he says, I’d imagine he’d just be trying to calm me down so I’m not struggling too much and trying to get away.  I feel a little odd, I seem to be alone in feeling absolutely terrified by this scenario, lol.

I’ve had nightmares before about being abducted, and I feel the scariest part is the fear of waiting to learn what my fate is going to be.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!