Just for fun: what would you do if a bird picked you up?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Just for fun: what would you do if a bird picked you up?

This topic contains 38 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

I am not to keen on being in an airliner as it just seems like a big bus with restricted view, and when it is turbulent it’s a bit like a very bumpy road. Some years ago though I did have the opportunity to be a passenger in a small aeroplane which did aerobatics. It was absolutely fantastic, and my fear of heights went away totally. I was totally unfazed when looking straight down at the ground through the canopy when upside down at the top of a loop. If anone gets the chance, I would say give it a go as it is far better than it seems.

2 users liked this post:

I think an airliner is like a big bus: except it goes through the air. Again, I have been on airplanes since a young girl. I don’t like being surrounded by people, though: it can feel claustrophobic. One-day I will use a private plane wherever I want to go. I have done a lot of travelling, though. But I do not like airports. Still, it’s a necessary evil.

Back to the bird: it is interesting reading people’s reaction to being picked up by the bird.

A great thread!

1 member liked this post:

I love airplanes, but I don’t feel so fondly for airports.  I feel very nervous at security, I’m always terrified something’s going to happen.  Also they’re so large and crowded, I feel panicky.  I don’t feel so bad at smaller airports, like I loved Buffalo/Niagara where I used to fly out of when I lived in Canada, but Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta was a nightmare for me.

Once I’m onboard I’m rather comfortable, especially if I have a window seat.  I do enjoy just looking out my window and relaxing on my flight, I can enjoy the quiet and the motions, and I don’t really feel ill from turbulence (I can’t handle boats though, I get seasick very easily).

Have you all seen Jurassic World?  Do you remember when Kate was grabbed by those flying pterodactyls and she was eaten?  lol that’s what first came to my mind. 🙂

2 users liked this post:

Yeah, I’m weird about planes. I enjoy landing but I really hate takeoff. I don’t like flying in general but I love planespotting. (Unfortunately, the Louisville airport really sucks for planespotting.) Turbulence in general makes me super uncomfortable. One time, our plane dipped very briefly when we were coming in for landing, I guess because we got caught in another plane’s jetstream trail. I think the air traffic controllers screwed up with the takeoff/landing schedules or something, but it was very startling in the moment.

I am not to keen on being in an airliner as it just seems like a big bus with restricted view, and when it is turbulent it’s a bit like a very bumpy road. Some years ago though I did have the opportunity to be a passenger in a small aeroplane which did aerobatics. It was absolutely fantastic, and my fear of heights went away totally. I was totally unfazed when looking straight down at the ground through the canopy when upside down at the top of a loop. If anone gets the chance, I would say give it a go as it is far better than it seems.

Oh hell no! That’s awesome that it helped you with your fear of heights, but I would never ever wanna do that. You’d have to pay me to be in that plane!

Have you all seen Jurassic World? Do you remember when Kate was grabbed by those flying pterodactyls and she was eaten? lol that’s what first came to my mind. 🙂

Oh yeah. You know what bugs me about that scene? (Other than the fact that death was super drawn out and torturous and gruesome for a character who wasn’t even a villain.) I don’t like how weightless she seemed, you know? I see this in modern movies that have birds snatching people. They just go from ground level to 100 feet in the air in like one second. It’s obviously done with a crane, but older movies had birds take people into the air more gradually. It looked better and way more realistic, you know I mean?

But yeah, I don’t imagine that situation when I created this thread. 😀 I imagine you just get plucked from the ground and safely flown around for a bit. How far you go before he lets you go…I dunno, I imagine that varies from person to person.

I’ve been loving the responses on this thread, really! I would love to hear even more members explore what they would do in this situation.

Oh I totally know what you mean, you’re absolutely right about her weightlessness!

Well I guess if I know this bird is friendly, I’d let him take me wherever he wants to, he knows things I don’t about flying and what there is to see, so I wouldn’t act like I’m an expert, and I’d love to go as long as I can.  My hardest part was establishing he means me know harm, lol.

Would you mind MiaKora if I posted your question on another site I visit?  I feel this has been a lot of fun, and I’m really curious how other people I know would answer. 🙂

I would be honored! I’d love to see the answers over there too. Please post a link to that thread!

Thank you kindly @miakora, I’d love to share the link but sadly it’s going to be in a private forum so it won’t be viewable, but I’ll totally let you know how people answer. 🙂

Oh I see! No worries then. I appreciate it! ^^

I don’t like boats, either, mamie. I much prefer flying!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!